Ultimate Wheel in the snow and ice

Old December 22nd 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BillyTheMountain

Default Ultimate Wheel in the snow and ice

We got snow in NYC several days ago, and the sidewalks I ride on have
been a bit icy. Since I ride the 27" star UW, even the slightest uphill
on ice and the wheel just spins in place. Since I'm no expert, I tend
to fall. I prefer just riding, so I need any and all suggestions for
keeping up my UW skills over the winter.

By the way, what UW works better on ice and snow?

If anyone has a UW they want to sell, send me a PM.

Thanks!

Billy

My Coker went out from under me sideways on a patch of glare ice today
too. OUCH. First time in YEARS that's happened. This makes me think
even the 36" UW won't be the best bet for winter.

--
BillyTheMountain

All the lower animals are Atheist, which proves reason actually has
nothing to do with Atheism.-Raphael

Rocks are atheists, air is an atheist.-DisgruntledDave
"you had no faith to lose to begin with" Bob Dylan sang these words to
my dog
Old December 22nd 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
drumstuck

You could look around where you live/work for covered areas (halls, bus
terminals) etc where you can practice. Or fit a snowplough, ice chains
and a salt spreader...

--
drumstuck
Old December 23rd 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

Dont be a sissy, Ice studs=no slip

--
sxbud138
Old January 3rd 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wobig

I've tried today to ride on Ice on a frozen lake. I have the same UW
that you have. I'm ride over 10 meters. Its very difficult. You have to
ride as straight as possible.
To learn UW riding look at places, without snow and ice. Or try a wider
tire.

--
Wobig