Campy Ergopower QS Compatibility?

Old January 6th 12, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Johnson[_2_]

Default Campy Ergopower QS Compatibility?

I'm currently running 1997 Campy 9-speed levers (pointy hoods!) with
Campy derailleurs and 9-speed Shimano cassettes and the setup has
worked perfectly for years.

I already know from the excellent postings of Peter @ Vecchio's that
the "old" 10-speed Ergopower levers would work great, probably even
better, I'd just have an extra click on the shifter.

What about the QS Ergopower? Is the cable pull the same as "old"
Ergopower? Am I going to hate them for not being like my old levers?

-Scott Johnson
Old January 7th 12, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

On Jan 6, 2:38*pm, Scott Johnson wrote:
I'm currently running 1997 Campy 9-speed levers (pointy hoods!) with
Campy derailleurs and 9-speed Shimano cassettes and the setup has
worked perfectly for years.

I already know from the excellent postings of Peter @ Vecchio's that
the "old" 10-speed Ergopower levers would work great, probably even
better, I'd just have an extra click on the shifter.

What about the QS Ergopower? Is the cable pull the same as "old"
Ergopower? Am I going to hate them for not being like my old levers?

-Scott Johnson

I was just thinking about this so I'm going to violate some or other
protocol and piggyback another question: I'm running '98 Record 9-
speed (non-pointy hoods, all 9 cogs are separate plates) and wondered
if a switch to 10-speed would necessitate new brifters or if an
internal part could be replaced to effect the change. To date
everything has worked perfectly with one rebuild of the right brifter.

thanks!
Old January 7th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd[_2_]

If you have the "round" hood ergo levers, you can swap out the shifting disk from 9 speed to 10 speed and *upgrade* your bike to 10 speeds! The part you need is p/n ec-re061 or ec-re161 (ultra). Contact Peter at www.vecchios.com for more info. Peter Chisholm is the Campy guru and won't steer you wrong! Good Luck!