Ghost cars

Old October 3rd 15, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Ghost cars

QUOTE:
"While driving around London we notice the many roadside memorials marking places where people on bikes (Ghost bikes) and pedestrians (Remember Me memorials) have died. While this may help the family to mark and to remember their loss, these roadside memorials also serve campaigners for cycling and walking since they point out the consequence of our behavior as drivers.

While it is true that motorists are responsible for the majority of the killing and injuring (seems that despite the menace pavement cyclists pose they don't kill many people), we are underrepresented when it comes to marking the road death of a brother or sister driver.

While I'm sure Roadpeace would be happy for us to mark places where drivers have died with Remember Me plaques, we ought to show the same respect and solidarity as the cycling community and mark the locations where fellow drivers died with Ghost Cars just to remind people that we drivers can also be victims and die in 'accidents'"

http://drivetoworkday.org/2013/12/04/ghost-cars/

Old October 5th 15, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 09:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon wrote:

While driving around London we notice the many roadside memorials marking places where people on bikes

My thoughts are with the families.

The ghost of Fuentes Donald Munro Racing 0 July 16th 08 09:45 AM
ghost bikes Dan Gregory UK 2 May 17th 08 04:48 PM
Ghost Bikes cfsmtb Australia 38 June 30th 06 02:08 AM
"Ghost" punctures Skunk UK 10 December 24th 04 05:55 PM
Ghost Bikes Sam Salt UK 17 June 20th 04 06:06 AM