Colnago Front Derailleur Cable Rubbing on Bottom Bracket

Old November 14th 05, 07:19 PM
jimbob369

Default Colnago Front Derailleur Cable Rubbing on Bottom Bracket

I recently purchase a used Colnago frame constructed back in middle
1990's. I am Campagnolo record front derailleur. The cable is
rubbing on the back of the bottom bracket. I replaced the cable guide
thinking that was the problem. However, that did not correct the
problem.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Old November 14th 05, 07:33 PM
Volker Leimann

jimbob369 schrieb:
I recently purchase a used Colnago frame constructed back in middle
1990's. I am Campagnolo record front derailleur. The cable is
rubbing on the back of the bottom bracket. I replaced the cable guide
thinking that was the problem. However, that did not correct the
problem.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Buy a piece of thin teflontube maybe 5" long, place the tube at the
cableguide and fixed it with a drop superglue, run the cable through
the tube and the cable work perfect without touching the paint.

Volker
Old November 14th 05, 08:35 PM
john

Isn't there a type of cable guide that comes further up the back of the
BB? It's probably made just for Colnago & costs only $159.95 special
order only, w/ no discounts

John - Colnagos are rideable art & wretched excesses at once -Drew

Old November 14th 05, 10:27 PM
Ed Sullivan

Volker Leimann wrote:
jimbob369 schrieb:
I recently purchase a used Colnago frame constructed back in middle
1990's. I am Campagnolo record front derailleur. The cable is
rubbing on the back of the bottom bracket. I replaced the cable guide
thinking that was the problem. However, that did not correct the
problem.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Buy a piece of thin teflontube maybe 5" long, place the tube at the
cableguide and fixed it with a drop superglue, run the cable through
the tube and the cable work perfect without touching the paint.

Volker

I don't think you really need the super glue. I had a similar issue
with my Colnago and the teflon tube didn't need to be glued or
otherwise attached to the frame and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Ed

Old November 14th 05, 10:36 PM
Volker Leimann

Ed Sullivan schrieb:

I don't think you really need the super glue. I had a similar issue
with my Colnago and the teflon tube didn't need to be glued or
otherwise attached to the frame and it worked fine.

Not attached to the frame, attached to the plastic cabelguide I
use some glue to fix the tube to stop moving when you shift.

Volker

Old November 15th 05, 01:53 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

jimbob369 wrote:
I recently purchase a used Colnago frame constructed back in middle
1990's. I am Campagnolo record front derailleur. The cable is
rubbing on the back of the bottom bracket. I replaced the cable guide
thinking that was the problem. However, that did not correct the
problem.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

You can use some thin teflon liner around the cable but it is probably
a steel frame. The cable will goon up the paint but it won't hurt the
frame BB shell.