How to find your dominant foot

Old July 24th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

Default How to find your dominant foot

I just created a new way that I'm pretty sure hasnt been thought of
before, but works phenomally.

I want credit for this.

Here goes: to determine which foot is your dominant foot, all you
need to do is get three objects. any objects. stand up. try juggling
the objects. If you have prior juggling experience, then instead of
three objects try taking just over your limit. if you can juggle seven,
take nine. you get the point.

When you start losing control and step forward to catch the falling
items, stop, and look at which foot you used.

Ta-daaaaa!

thoughts? does it work for you?

--
Sgaterboy
Sgaterboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12724

Old July 24th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
terrybigwheel

Sgaterboy wrote:
I just created a new way that I'm pretty sure hasnt been thought of
before, but works phenomally.

I want credit for this.

Here goes: to determine which foot is your dominant foot, all you
need to do is get three objects. any objects. stand up. try juggling
the objects. If you have prior juggling experience, then instead of
three objects try taking just over your limit. if you can juggle seven,
take nine. you get the point.

When you start losing control and step forward to catch the falling
items, stop, and look at which foot you used.

Ta-daaaaa!

thoughts? does it work for you?

Another way would be to just stand up straight with your body stiff,
and slowly lean forward till you start to fall; see which foot
naturally goes out first to regain balance.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

*My Video Gallery*: http://tinyurl.com/e6wt5
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old July 24th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cmsustud19

talk about the most complicated way to ever figure out the simplest
possible problem. For starters, I would say almost anyone will have the
same dominant foot to the hand they write with. In addition to that,
if you are so disconnected from your own body that you cannot tell
which foot you prefer, you probably won't ever be able to ride a
unicycle.

--
cmsustud19
cmsustud19's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8052

Old July 24th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spudman

cmsustud19 wrote:
In addition to that, if you are so disconnected from your own body that
you cannot tell which foot you prefer, you probably won't ever be able
to ride a unicycle.

I'm not so sure about that. I have no idea what my dominant foot is,
because it changes for whatever it is I'm doing.

Falling = left foot
Driving = right foot
Unicycling = right foot
Running jump = left foot
Chuck Norris maneuver = right foot

--
Spudman

*Send PM to put your link here*
'_•_' (www.cathodecorner.com) • • • • '_•_'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_page) • • • • • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.pandora.com/) • • • • • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.qu-ax.com/)
• • '_•_' (http://www.purepwnage.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.gkko.com/) • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.longnow.org/projects/clock/prototype1/) • • • • • • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.superhandz.com/sportz/penspinning.html) • •
• • • • '_•_' (http://www.unicyclist.com/?page=donate) • • '_•_'
(http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/building.htm) • • • • • • • • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.myspace.com/jerrick_crites) • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.xanga.com/monkeyman305ab) • • • • • • • • • • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.southparkstudios.com/) • • • • • • • • • • • • '_•_'
(www.google.com)
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Old July 24th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

cmsustud19 wrote:
talk about the most complicated way to ever figure out the simplest
possible problem. For starters, I would say almost anyone will have the
same dominant foot to the hand they write with. In addition to that,
if you are so disconnected from your own body that you cannot tell
which foot you prefer, you probably won't ever be able to ride a
unicycle.

Ouch, dude. Ouch. sorry for posting I just thought I might be
contributing. Sorry to waste your guys' time.

Old July 24th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cmsustud19

Sgaterboy wrote:
Ouch, dude. Ouch. sorry for posting I just thought I might be
contributing. Sorry to waste your guys' time.

Yeah sorry I was being kind of a jerk. I still think it shouldn't be a
chore to figure out your Dom foot, especially if you already can ride.

Old July 24th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
terrybigwheel

Sgaterboy wrote:
Ouch, dude. Ouch. sorry for posting I just thought I might be
contributing. Sorry to waste your guys' time.

You *didn't* waste my time. It made me think about it! Keep posting,
ok?

Old July 24th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

cmsustud19 wrote:
Yeah sorry I was being kind of a jerk. I still think it shouldn't be a
chore to figure out your Dom foot, especially if you already can ride.

yeah, good point. I was just havin trouble figuring it out because it
seemed that the harder i concentrated on not paying attention to what
foot was moving, the more i willed one particular foot to move. I just
needed a distraction. you are correct that I'm preaching to the choir
on 95% of the readers of this forum. which i guess begs the question
(can I threadjack my own thread?) *"how many people reading the posts
here can actually ride a unicycle?"* there could be hundreds of quiet
wannabees watching from the sidelines, reading EVERYTHING we write

Old July 24th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Radical Reed

Sgaterboy wrote:
*"how many people reading the posts here can actually ride a
unicycle?"* there could be hundreds of quiet wannabees watching from
the sidelines, reading EVERYTHING we write

I think most of the people here can ride since, eather that or they're
learning to ride. and who cares if they read it. it might get them
motivated to learn how ride

--
Radical Reed

sorry cheese lovers your outa my sig
'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
' .' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old July 24th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

Radical Reed wrote:
and who cares if they read it. it might get them motivated to learn how
ride

exactly! educating others is an excellent use of this website, whether
they can ride or not. they'll gain appreciation for the sport either
way.

--
Sgaterboy
Sgaterboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12724

Bicycle is king of the road as gas costs rise cfsmtb Australia 14 May 9th 06 12:35 AM
One foot airs ntappin Unicycling 0 April 28th 06 02:01 AM
hopping on the wheel amanda_and_matt Unicycling 13 May 10th 05 02:17 PM
foot position problems ChangingLINKS.com Unicycling 12 April 25th 05 02:56 AM
Right or left foot forward weissnp Unicycling 15 April 5th 05 02:13 AM