Stuff White People Like--Bicycles

Old May 20th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Stuff White People Like--Bicycles

"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"
Old May 20th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On May 20, 8:45*am, SMS wrote:
"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.
Old May 20th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On May 20, 10:53*am, Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 20, 8:45*am, SMS wrote:

"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.

It's a Word macro, a bad one.
Old May 20th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 20/05/10 8:53 AM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 20, 8:45 am, wrote:
"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.

No. You must fit several of those descriptions if you think it's snarky.

This one,
"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/20/71-being-the-only-white-person-around/"
I can definitely relate to. However the restaurant I went to yesterday
had translated the menu into English so that was one point against them,
even though I was the only white person there. The hostess even asked me
"how many" in Mandarin, which is one of the few questions I'm able to
answer properly. I can't order in Chinese, and ever since being told in
Shanghai "sir, you have just ordered a steamed tractor," I no longer
even try.
Old May 20th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
dgk

On May 20, 8:45 am, wrote:
[...]

What did it taste like?

Old May 20th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On May 20, 8:45*am, SMS wrote:

"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.

It's a Word macro, a bad one.

I think this guys is funny. He certainly hits the bullseye again and
again. His "white people" are all over RBT, too.

To Jay: *Of course* he's snarky. That's the whole point. Nothing but
absolutely nothing turns one into the alpha male in the class of
person he writes about (and for) than being consistently cuttingly
snarky about the stuff white people next door like.

Andre Jute
Never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

Old May 21st 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Paul O

Andre Jute wrote, On 5/20/2010 5:45 PM:
On May 20, 5:02 pm, wrote:

On May 20, 10:53 am, Jay wrote:

On May 20, 8:45 am, wrote:

"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.

It's a Word macro, a bad one.

I think this guys is funny. He certainly hits the bullseye again and
again. His "white people" are all over RBT, too.

To Jay: *Of course* he's snarky. That's the whole point. Nothing but
absolutely nothing turns one into the alpha male in the class of
person he writes about (and for) than being consistently cuttingly
snarky about the stuff white people next door like.

Andre Jute
Never more brutal than he has to be -- Nelson Mandela

Oh no! I am in agreement with Andre Jute!

Its a sad day. First the news about Landis and now this.

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old May 21st 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On May 20, 8:45*am, SMS wrote:

"http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/"

This blog is written with such predictable snarkiness that it has the
feeling of a template. Is there some Microsoft program that produces
these things? -- Jay Beattie.

It's a Word macro, a bad one.

I think this guys is funny. He certainly hits the bullseye again and
again. His "white people" are all over RBT, too.

To Jay: *Of course* he's snarky. That's the whole point. Nothing but
absolutely nothing turns one into the alpha male in the class of
person he writes about (and for) than being consistently cuttingly
snarky about the stuff white people next door like.

It's just too smug and predictable for me. It's characteristic of a
current genre that drives me nuts. The sub-text is that the speaker
and those who identify with the speaker are the "only right thinking
people" and that everyone else is a poseur, dweeb, dork, etc. The
Onion gets it right because it does not draw attention to itself.
Here's a story that's topical:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...-injury,17466/
Old May 21st 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
dgk

On May 20, 8:45 am, wrote:
[...]

But, but, snake tastes like chicken.