Western women are so repressed because they are insecure

Old June 2nd 10, 02:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Western women are so repressed because they are insecure

On Jun 1, 7:42 pm, Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= You're using the wrong word. The word you're looking for
is "revulsed," not "repressed."

=v= Also, it's not all Western women. Just the ones who've
met you.
_Jym_

Unless they go to a gym, they won't have a chance at natural exercise
such as walking or cycling. So they grow fat and stupid watching TV
and driving around in their cages.

I know because my girlfriend is growing fat even though we want to
break away from the cage!

But she ain't getting stupid because she's with me.

Old June 2nd 10, 02:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, xeno wrote:
On Jun 1, 2:21 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises"
wrote:

They push the cyclists to the sidewalks

Yah, but some cyclists terrorize peds. Or they don't give a ****.

I know. And many of them don't give a **** about the revolution
either, which is the only hope.

I say, "ISSUE TICKETS TO CYCLISTS ON SIDEWALK." They do it here but
only in the area where the beautiful people live.

Old June 2nd 10, 01:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

These are the causes and consequences of obesity in America...

Results: The direct costs of lack of physical activity, defined
conservatively as absence of leisure-time physical activity, are
approximately 24 billion dollars or 2.4% of the U.S. health care
expenditures. Direct costs for obesity defined as body mass index
greater than 30, in 1995 dollars, total 70 billion dollars. These
costs are independent of those resulting from lack of activity.

Conclusion: Overall, the direct costs of inactivity and obesity
account for some 9.4% of the national health care expenditures in the
United States. Inactivity, with its wide range of health consequences,
represents a major avoidable contribution to the costs of illness in
the United States and other countries with modern lifestyles that have
replaced physical labor with sedentary occupations and motorized
transportation.

http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Ab...tivity.26.aspx

IS THE FAT SHEEP A HAPPY SHEEP?

But if you look on the bright side of it, the Medical Industry reaps
the benefits.
Old June 3rd 10, 03:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don Klipstein

In ,
TibetanMonkey wrote:
On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, xeno wrote:
On Jun 1, 2:21 pm, TibetanMonkey wrote:

They push the cyclists to the sidewalks

Yah, but some cyclists terrorize peds. Or they don't give a ****.

I know. And many of them don't give a **** about the revolution
either, which is the only hope.

I say, "ISSUE TICKETS TO CYCLISTS ON SIDEWALK." They do it here but
only in the area where the beautiful people live.

What's so bad about issuing tickets to cagers that violate the law in
ways of pushing cyclists onto sidewalks?

(For that matter, also issuing tickets to cyclists as well as all
other vehicle drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians where the the
law says pedestrians rule over vehicles?)

(I hope enough said by me... If there is debate that I have to get
back into, I disclaim responsibility to get back in quicker than a day or
2 or 3...)

--
- Don Klipstein )
Old June 3rd 10, 03:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don Klipstein

In ,
TibetanMonkey wrote:
[...]

In addition, many Americans have overweightness short of "obesity" but
bad enough to be an *outright diagnosable bad thing*.

Furthermore, there is the matter of sedentary lifestyle. Plenty of my
fellow Americans like to think that they can diet their way to
healthfulness while being sedentary, especially as espoused by "low carb".
I see higher success rate from being physically active. My best friend
other than my boyfriend is known to have above-USA-average percentage of
dietary calorie intake being in form of carbs, and is a lean 130 pounder
whose height is 5-foot-7-inches. His blood analysis is high-to-new-record
expectable from his cardiologist after making dietary changes (away from
fatty stuff, meats and cheese and oil-rich salad dressings) and to spend
on daily average maybe 1.5 hours of "walking his ass off". That includes
blood concentration of triglycerides!
That friend of mine did this to successfully minimise repeating a heart
attack that he survived so far, already 2-plus years and 25-30 pounds of
body fat poundage [as in burned off in recent years as opposed to gained]
after the heart attack that he is surviving so far.
--
- Don Klipstein )
Old June 3rd 10, 06:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 2, 10:27*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In ,

TibetanMonkey wrote:
On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, xeno wrote:
[...]

There's something very old called "safety in numbers." Key West
cyclists are respected, but Miami drivers are somewhat less valuable
than dogs and cats because they can only blame themselves for being
on the road...

So the solution is as complex as the jungle: Educate drivers, enforce
the laws, give tickets to cyclists on sidewalks.
Old June 3rd 10, 06:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Jun 2, 10:54*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In ,

http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Ab...conomic_costs_...

[...]

I always mention this word and my girlfriend was reading me some diet
that mentions it by name: WE WERE 'HUNTER-GATHERERS,' and all of a
sudden became couch potatoes.

But nobody really minds that we get diseases because we got the
Medical Industry to take care of us.
Old June 3rd 10, 04:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Paul O

Don Klipstein wrote, On 6/2/2010 10:27 PM:
,
TibetanMonkey wrote:

On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, wrote:

On Jun 1, 2:21 pm, TibetanMonkey wrote:

They push the cyclists to the sidewalks

Yah, but some cyclists terrorize peds. Or they don't give a ****.

I know. And many of them don't give a **** about the revolution
either, which is the only hope.

I say, "ISSUE TICKETS TO CYCLISTS ON SIDEWALK." They do it here but
only in the area where the beautiful people live.

What's so bad about issuing tickets to cagers that violate the law in
ways of pushing cyclists onto sidewalks?

(For that matter, also issuing tickets to cyclists as well as all
other vehicle drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians where the the
law says pedestrians rule over vehicles?)

(I hope enough said by me... If there is debate that I have to get
back into, I disclaim responsibility to get back in quicker than a day or
2 or 3...)

Dude -
You're engaged in a debate with a troll who calls himself TibetanMonkey
and ComandanteBanana. Take your time getting back to this thread. I can
assure you that the monkey will still be here posting illogical
statements and spewing incendiary comments.

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old June 3rd 10, 04:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

TibetanMonkey wrote:

On Jun 1, 8:43 pm, *wrote:

[...]

Just put away the flammable conditions in the jungle and the risk goes
away.