Which side in Oregon?

Old April 29th 17, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Which side in Oregon?

Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 29th 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-04-29 07:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

Maybe the explanation is further below in the text:

"Grab a pint at Freebridge Brewing, Clock Tower Ales, Liberty Tapworks
or the brand-new Sedition Brewing, which opened in October 2016".

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old April 29th 17, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-04-29 07:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

Maybe the explanation is further below in the text:

"Grab a pint at Freebridge Brewing, Clock Tower Ales, Liberty Tapworks
or the brand-new Sedition Brewing, which opened in October 2016".

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Don't you think that a better answer is that the picture has been reversed?
Old April 29th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2017-04-29 07:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

Maybe the explanation is further below in the text:

"Grab a pint at Freebridge Brewing, Clock Tower Ales, Liberty Tapworks
or the brand-new Sedition Brewing, which opened in October 2016".

:-)

Don't you think that a better answer is that the picture has been reversed?

Great hypothesis.
So I blew the image up about 4x. It's not.
Crank is on rider's right, pavement edge on rider's left.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 29th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 2017-04-29 07:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

Maybe the explanation is further below in the text:

"Grab a pint at Freebridge Brewing, Clock Tower Ales, Liberty Tapworks
or the brand-new Sedition Brewing, which opened in October 2016".

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Don't you think that a better answer is that the picture has been reversed?

I was thinking that, too -- but who knows. People do all sorts of things to stage a picture.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 29th 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-04-29 07:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Enjoy riding Oregon! On either side of the road!

http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/o...ke-the-dalles/

Maybe the explanation is further below in the text:

"Grab a pint at Freebridge Brewing, Clock Tower Ales, Liberty Tapworks
or the brand-new Sedition Brewing, which opened in October 2016".

:-)

Don't you think that a better answer is that the picture has been
reversed?

Great hypothesis.
So I blew the image up about 4x. It's not.
Crank is on rider's right, pavement edge on rider's left.

That's exactly what I also looked at first. Chain is on the right.
Although ...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/left...-rio-unveiled/

Old April 29th 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I would guess there is something very scenic on the other side of the road the cyclists are trying to see. The website is for how scenic and touristy this Dalles place is. So the cyclists decided to ride as far to that side as possible in that section while the traffic was clear. The cyclists are over the white line so they are apparently trying to get as close to the scenery as possible. Not riding normally on the wrong side of the road. I usually ride a couple feet from the white line, inside the roadway. Not on the wrong side, shoulder side, of the white line.
Old April 30th 17, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 1:57:42 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I would guess there is something very scenic on the other side of the road the cyclists are trying to see. The website is for how scenic and touristy this Dalles place is. So the cyclists decided to ride as far to that side as possible in that section while the traffic was clear. The cyclists are over the white line so they are apparently trying to get as close to the scenery as possible. Not riding normally on the wrong side of the road. I usually ride a couple feet from the white line, inside the roadway. Not on the wrong side, shoulder side, of the white line.

If they could see far enough forward and there was a sharp turn there that might be what is going on as well. I don't remember a lot of straight roads in the Dalles.