Vintage Tange Frame Renovation - Brisbane

Old February 17th 07, 05:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Money_Shot

Default Vintage Tange Frame Renovation - Brisbane

Hi,

I have an old (1984-ish) Apollo Nothing (came out after the VI or V model).

It has a little rust, lots of paint chips; I've had it since new and can't
bear to part with it. It's now my commuter (I have a Bianchi to lair-ise
on; but I would sell it in a New York minute to keep by precious cro-mo junk
pile).

It's a double butted frame. Quite light.

I'm going to do away with the Dia Compe Aero Compe brakes as I just can't
pads for less than $40 US from Yellow Jersey.com

Can anyone tell me where I can get the frame modded in Bris so I can get
brazings for Pannier loops?

I've found a powder coating place, but not the brazings..

Thanks in advance you may have some leads.

Old February 17th 07, 08:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 05:34:49 +0000, Money_Shot wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can get the frame modded in Bris so I can get
brazings for Pannier loops?

Can't help with Brisbane as such, but http://www.gripsport.com.au have a
$20ish maximum two way freight cost (they wear any extra) and did a good
job repairing a cracked head tube on one of my bikes.

--
Dave Hughes |
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, quite so worthwhile as simply
Old February 18th 07, 03:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Feb 17, 3:34 pm, "Money_Shot" wrote:
Hi,

I have an old (1984-ish) Apollo Nothing (came out after the VI or V model).

It has a little rust, lots of paint chips; I've had it since new and can't
bear to part with it. It's now my commuter (I have a Bianchi to lair-ise
on; but I would sell it in a New York minute to keep by precious cro-mo junk
pile).

It's a double butted frame. Quite light.

I'm going to do away with the Dia Compe Aero Compe brakes as I just can't
pads for less than $40 US from Yellow Jersey.com

Can anyone tell me where I can get the frame modded in Bris so I can get
brazings for Pannier loops?

I've found a powder coating place, but not the brazings..

Thanks in advance you may have some leads.

Hard to go past Joe Cosgrove of Frezoni:

http://www.bikekwik.com.au/Envirohor...ic/frezoni.htm

Donga

Old February 19th 07, 10:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Money_Shot

Thanks very much for your help guys. I'll look into it.
MS