Cyclist Matthew Rex seriously injured

Old February 13th 07, 04:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama

Default Cyclist Matthew Rex seriously injured

SomeGuy Wrote:
Wow, I guess that means they think Jongewaard was responsible for the
accident. Damn.

Old February 13th 07, 05:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz

SomeGuy Wrote:
Wow, I guess that means they think Jongewaard was responsible for the
accident. Damn.

"IF" that is the case, I certainly hope he does not use the old "I DID
NOT SEE HIM" line, that would just be another slap in the face coming
from another cyclist.

--
MikeyOz

Old February 13th 07, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

MikeyOz wrote:
SomeGuy Wrote:

Wow, I guess that means they think Jongewaard was responsible for the
accident. Damn.

"IF" that is the case, I certainly hope he does not use the old "I DID
NOT SEE HIM" line, that would just be another slap in the face coming
from another cyclist.

Come on people, be consistant. Where is the baying for the motorists blood?

Theo

Old February 13th 07, 08:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz

Theo Bekkers Wrote:

Come on people, be consistant. Where is the baying for the motorists
blood?
Theo

Because we don't exactly know what happened yet, its just stuff printed
in a paper up until now.... but the more we hear the more it seems the
baying should start.

Isn't this the kind of thing that should get you banned from Cycling
for Australia ever again..... thats the sort of person you want on your
team ?

--
MikeyOz

Old February 13th 07, 04:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:29:32 +1100
MikeyOz wrote:

Theo Bekkers Wrote:

Come on people, be consistant. Where is the baying for the motorists
blood?
Theo

Because we don't exactly know what happened yet, its just stuff printed
in a paper up until now.... but the more we hear the more it seems the
baying should start.

Oh good, so next time there's a report of a cyclist being hit by a car
the baying won't start till there's more info and say a conviction?

I can hope...

Zebee
Old February 13th 07, 06:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27

MikeyOz wrote:

Theo Bekkers Wrote:

Come on people, be consistant. Where is the baying for the motorists
blood?
Theo

Because we don't exactly know what happened yet, its just stuff

printed
in a paper up until now.... but the more we hear the more it seems

the
baying should start.

Oh good, so next time there's a report of a cyclist being hit by a car
the baying won't start till there's more info and say a conviction?

I can hope...

Zebee

It sounds a like a case of silly b.uggers gone wrong...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21222237-2,00.html

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

Old February 13th 07, 08:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 05:22:43 +1100
byron27 wrote:
It sounds a like a case of silly b.uggers gone wrong...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21222237-2,00.html

No way to know what Jongewaard was thinking or how it is different to
what any carload of hoons is thinking is there.

Except something about "hey, wouldn't it be fun to..."

Now, if he went to high schools and told his story, maybe it might
stick in a few minds. Which would be about the only good to come out
of this.

Zebee
Old February 13th 07, 08:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ritcho

byron27 wrote:
It sounds a like a case of silly b.uggers gone wrong...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21222237-2,00.html

No way to know what Jongewaard was thinking or how it is different to
what any carload of hoons is thinking is there.

Except something about "hey, wouldn't it be fun to..."

Now, if he went to high schools and told his story, maybe it might
stick in a few minds. Which would be about the only good to come out
of this.

Zebee

Complete brain explosion - Jongewaard might be going through a personal
hell, but at least he's conscious. Evidently, cyclists do stupid things
when driving a car just like any other motorist.

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old February 13th 07, 11:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz

Zebee Johnstone Wrote:

Oh good, so next time there's a report of a cyclist being hit by a car
the baying won't start till there's more info and say a conviction?

yeah what ever.... thats not what I mean't and you know it, so stuff
it. It all gives me the sh*ts knowing that the person that hit me and
destroyed my bike and sent me flying got a $120 fine and lost 1 point,
maybe I should have died so she could get convicted, or forced myself
into a coma.

one thing is for sure, she sure as hell did not render assistance when
she hit me, maybe she could have been charged with that.

anyway hope Matthew Rex survives and dest wishes to his family... hope
Chris Joongeward gets everything he deserves... not stopping just total
cowardice

--
MikeyOz

Old February 14th 07, 12:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27

byron27 wrote:
It sounds a like a case of silly b.uggers gone wrong...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21222237-2,00.html

No way to know what Jongewaard was thinking or how it is different to
what any carload of hoons is thinking is there.

Except something about "hey, wouldn't it be fun to..."

Now, if he went to high schools and told his story, maybe it might
stick in a few minds. Which would be about the only good to come out
of this.

Zebee

It will be interesting to see how much alcohol he had in his system.