Great Brisbane Bike Ride - 18/3/07

Old February 18th 07, 11:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Default Great Brisbane Bike Ride - 18/3/07

Donga Wrote:
On Feb 12, 5:23 pm, Duracell Bunny Duracell.Bunny.2lv...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
OzCableguy Wrote:

"LotteBum" wrote

in
message

I will, once again, be avoiding this mess of a ride at all

costs.

Heh. Apart from a bike jam getting onto Coro Dr where everyone was
walking
for about 10 minutes last year, it then opened up and everything

went
smoothly from there. I'm up for it again anyway.

--
'www.ozcableguy.com'(http://www.ozcableguy.com)
'www.oztechnologies.com'(http://www.oztechnologies.com)

Only a 10 minute hold up? I must have been on a different ride that
day, we were stood still for a lot longer than that ...

--
Duracell Bunny- Hide quoted text -

The hold-up would have been much shorter if there were no riders!

My kids enjoy doing it with me and get a sense of achievement from it.
I'll happily go along with them.

The size of the event is a big plus in getting non-cycling Brisbane to
sit back and notice and acknowledge cycling.

Donga

I agree. I'll bring the kiddie trailer and challenge Abby and his tribe
to a race on the tag-along.

--
adam85

Old February 19th 07, 02:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Duracell Bunny wrote:

Donga Wrote:

The hold-up would have been much shorter if there were no riders!

My kids enjoy doing it with me and get a sense of achievement from it.
I'll happily go along with them.

The size of the event is a big plus in getting non-cycling Brisbane to
sit back and notice and acknowledge cycling.

Donga

You & Abby both make a good point - it encourages the young ones to
give it a go & ride in comparitive safety.

You still need to exercise caution though - at one junction there was a
policeman waving us through. There was also a pedestrian crossing there,
with a very determined old lady who exercised her right to cross the
road. How she never got bowled I shall never know.

In the past, I've used the event as an opportunity to get my
bike-owning friends to realise that long distance is not so
long and is a lot of fun... and to encourage them to take up
commuting by bike.

Tam