My helmet saved me, and broke

Old August 10th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

Default My helmet saved me, and broke

maestro8 wrote:
The question is loaded because it implies a helmet can do you harm. Ian
has yet to present any logical arguments

Ian has presented many logical arguements which you seem to have skimmed
past. Are you saying that a helmet can not do you harm? It can...

Helmets don't necessarily cause harm to you the whole time you are
wearing it, but if there is a chance that when your head is in trouble
that the helmet could cause a worse injury than what it might prevent,
then what is the point in being such a helmet nazi? I believe Cycle
helmets would perform their job better for bicyclists than unicyclists
due to the speeds at which crashes occur.

If there are no stats to say unicyclists are being killed left right
and center because of not wearing helmets, then why are we wearing
them?

Unicycling is relatively safe! Keep it simple.

--
Rowan
Old August 10th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

maestro8 wrote:
The question is loaded because it implies a helmet can do you harm. Ian
has yet to present any logical argument that backs up this implication.

I CBA to read this whole thread again, but I can see at least two posts
that Ian made on 29/08/05 where he did just that.

I also CBA to go through all the arguments again. After 15 years of
following this debate I am bored, bored, bored with it. I still regard
it as important to fight against well-meaning imbeciles who would like
Parliament to remove my freedom to cycle without a helmet, but usenet
is not the place to do that. Even if it were, debating with
Leftpondians goes nowhere towards achieving it. Rather than going
through the arguments, I'll point once again to
http://www.cyclehelmets.org/

My own thoughts, to save me having to retype them whenever I decide to
contribute to a helmet thread, are at
http://www.redpedals.co.uk/danny/cycling/ghd.html

BTW, the "occupation" listed at
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=7871 seems rather comical
under the circumstances.

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet
Old August 11th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

maestro8 wrote:
You expect us to take you seriously?

If anyone was with Maestro as part of his "us" they probably just
abandoned his cause if they were to look up his 'homo clowns'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=7871) unicycle
organisation.

--
Rowan
Old August 11th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eroick

Yeah, helmets are good.

I've never actually hit my head due to falling off of a unicycle, but I
did hit my head on a low tunnel while riding my 36 and I was glad to be
wearing one.

Accidents happen.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick
Email/MSN:

Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet gwhite Techniques 1015 August 27th 05 08:36 AM
Helmet redux gds General 143 June 17th 05 09:15 PM
Helmets Peter General 305 June 4th 05 08:56 AM
First Helmet : jury is out. Walter Mitty General 125 June 26th 04 02:00 AM