RR: Just like starting over...

Old April 4th 05, 03:04 PM
Carla A-G

Default RR: Just like starting over...

That's exactly what it felt like. Its been over 1/2 a year since we last got
out on our steeds for a "real" bicycle ride. My illness and Jim's various
physical ailments have kept us off 2 wheels for too long. Its been raining
like nobody's business so the trails won't be rideable for a while. We
decided to take the track bikes for a ride from Cedar Creek Park all the way
to Jones Beach. The weather was miserable and rain was expected, but we went
anyways...

The park was empty and so was the bike path all the way to Jones Beach. It
was shivering cold and raining. We dressed appropriately. We hopped on the
bikes and made our way against the headwind all the way to the Beach. Its
only about 8 miles each way, but it felt like much longer with our weak legs
and the wind beating on our faces. We arrived at the Beach and Jim noticed
that his chain had gotten slackened. He pulled out the Surly Jethro Tule and
tightened his chain. The waves were big and strong on the beach, nearly
reaching the boardwalk were we stood to watch the ocean and say a little
prayer for the Pope on his passing...

We rode back to Cedar Creek, 8 miles back and did a couple of cool down laps
around the crit track. We did 16 miles in total. Not bad for a first time
out in a long time.

I hope this is a good sign of things to come...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Have Some Catching Up To Do

Old April 4th 05, 04:05 PM

Carla A-G wrote:
[...]

Welcome back! 16 fixed miles is admirable for last weekend. I went out
and dawdled through two laps in Prospect Park ( less than 7 mi )before
packing it in yesterday.

/s

Old April 4th 05, 05:08 PM
MattB

Carla A-G wrote:
snip

Can-Am Girls Have Some Catching Up To Do

Hey welcome back. Great to hear you're turning the cranks again. Sounds
like a great effort. I'm sure you guys will be back up to speed in no
time as long as you can stay healthy!

Matt
Old April 4th 05, 06:07 PM
John Harlow

I hope this is a good sign of things to come...

Luck! Looking forward to the resumption of the "kick ass" .sig!

Old April 4th 05, 09:09 PM

Last I remember you and Jim had the run in with bb
gunner. I got out too for a test ride to make sure the replacement
cassette doesn't slip like the old one did in the two small cogs. Worked
out fine and the test lasted 10 miles. Got to even see the mock terror
attack. Thats right New London CT.

Old April 5th 05, 01:06 AM
Paladin

Carla A-G wrote:
That's exactly what it felt like. Its been over 1/2 a year since we

last got
out on our steeds for a "real" bicycle ride. My illness and Jim's

various
physical ailments have kept us off 2 wheels for too long. Its been

raining
like nobody's business so the trails won't be rideable for a while.

We
decided to take the track bikes for a ride from Cedar Creek Park all

the way
to Jones Beach. The weather was miserable and rain was expected, but

we went
anyways...

I hope this is a good sign of things to come...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Have Some Catching Up To Do

So glad you finally succeeded in dragging Jim off the home keg to get
some riding in... heheh

CDB

Old April 5th 05, 01:35 AM
Slack

I hope this is a good sign of things to come...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Have Some Catching Up To Do

Good to hear from you guys... I was just about to post an APB on ya.
--
Slack - also has a lot of catching up to do
Old April 5th 05, 03:51 PM
Jimbo(san)

Paladin

So glad you finally succeeded in dragging Jim off the home keg to get
some riding in... heheh

CDB

You kidding??? I was pulling a keg in a wagon behind me!!! :-D

--- Jimbo(san)

--
Jimbo(san)