Police in London attack critical mass

Old October 7th 05, 11:33 AM
Tony Raven

Default Police in London attack critical mass

John Hearns wrote:

For some reason at the last CM I got the impression that there were people
at higher levels watching.

You mean on the rooftops? With sniper rifles? Perhaps they thought a
critical mass demonstration was going to be the detonation of a nuclear
weapon ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old October 7th 05, 11:46 AM
Tony Raven

scotty72 wrote:
For some reason the coppers decided not to show for the past CM ride in
Sydney. It was strangely quiet. Kept expecting to round a corner and
BANG!

I didn't know they did CM in Crewe ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old October 7th 05, 11:56 AM
MartinM

Tony Raven wrote:
elyob wrote:
"MartinM" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tony Raven wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:24:40 +0100 someone who may be Tony Raven
wrote this:-

David Hansen wrote:
I am surprised not to have noticed anything here on the police
attack on Critical Mass outlined in various places,
You didn't notice http://snipurl.com/i7uz then.
A thread entitled "first Critical Mass" was of no interest to me.

Well perhaps its no surprise you have not noticed anything here on a
Critical Mass if threads with Critical Mass in the subject line are of
no interest to you.
perhaps it should have said "last Critical Mass"

Or perhaps "This is a thread about Critical Mass and the police letter".

Or "David Hansen, yes you, our precognition software says this will be
of interest to you" ;-)

I beleive such functionality is only currently available on threads
about h&&&&ts and speed cameras, and only on certain newsgroups ;-)

Old October 7th 05, 12:30 PM
Tony Raven

MartinM wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:

Or "David Hansen, yes you, our precognition software says this will be
of interest to you" ;-)

I beleive such functionality is only currently available on threads
about h&&&&ts and speed cameras, and only on certain newsgroups ;-)

You need the Sirius Cybernetics precognition extension for Mozilla
Thunderbird. You will note that some people here are already using it.
For example recently some people thought that Mr Senior has set his
computer clock incorrectly when in fact the precognition software was
posting a day early the message Jon was going to write and send the
following day ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old October 7th 05, 12:40 PM
David Hansen

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:04:47 +0100 someone who may be John Hearns
wrote this:-

b) speak to one of the good-natured and helpful bicycle mounted police
who accompany the ride every month

You mean line the bicycle mounted police who were handing out the
offending threatening words, whether good-naturedly or not I have no
idea?

Will they follow up their threatening words with threatening
behaviour at the end of the month?

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old October 7th 05, 12:49 PM
Mark McNeill

Response to Tony Raven:
You need the Sirius Cybernetics precognition extension for Mozilla
Thunderbird. You will note that some people here are already using it.
For example recently some people thought that Mr Senior has set his
computer clock incorrectly when in fact the precognition software was
posting a day early the message Jon was going to write and send the
following day ;-)

*Some* of us here have been using that extension since 2071.

[And a bug-ridden beta version since 11 B.C.!]

--
Mark, UK

"'Michael Gilhaney,' said the Sergeant, 'is an example of a man that is
nearly banjaxed from the principle of the Atomic Theory. Would it
astonish you to hear that he is nearly half a bicycle?'"
Old October 7th 05, 12:51 PM
scotty72

Tony Raven Wrote:
scotty72 wrote:
For some reason the coppers decided not to show for the past CM ride

in
Sydney. It was strangely quiet. Kept expecting to round a corner and
BANG!

I didn't know they did CM in Crewe ;-)

Ok, maybe I left my brain in park, but ???????

--
scotty72

Old October 7th 05, 01:00 PM
Jon is Away!

Default OT: The Third Policeman ( Police in London attack critical mass)

"'Michael Gilhaney,' said the Sergeant, 'is an example of a man that is
nearly banjaxed from the principle of the Atomic Theory. Would it
astonish you to hear that he is nearly half a bicycle?'"

Actually perhaps not so off-topic given the current discussion. I had
been going to post at some point having just read the Third Policeman
recently. A very strange book, but very definately cycling oriented!
;-)

A mind-bending pancake of a problem and no mistake.

Jon

Old October 7th 05, 01:05 PM
Tony Raven

Mark McNeill wrote:
Response to Tony Raven:
You need the Sirius Cybernetics precognition extension for Mozilla
Thunderbird. You will note that some people here are already using it.
For example recently some people thought that Mr Senior has set his
computer clock incorrectly when in fact the precognition software was
posting a day early the message Jon was going to write and send the
following day ;-)

*Some* of us here have been using that extension since 2071.

A good year that!

[And a bug-ridden beta version since 11 B.C.!]

Those pre-DEET days were a bit itchy ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old October 7th 05, 01:06 PM
sothach

Everything by Miles na gCopaleen is brilliant: it's worth learning
Irish just to read An Beal Bocht alone...
I haven't read the Third Policeman for years, but wasn't that where he
was gradulaly exchanging atoms with his bike? Mad stuff, and all the
action takes place in a fraction of a second during an explosion.