bike season over...

Old December 18th 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default bike season over...

Mike Kruger wrote:
The Wogster wrote:

I think the US will eventually go metric, but will probably take 10
times as long, it will cost 100 times as much, and require 1000 times
the number of Bureaucrats to implement.

1000 bureaucrats = 1 kilocrat ?

That would be kilobureaucrat, I don't think metric uses Bt for anything,
so we could shorten that to KBt. As for the time period, here in
Canada we have been working at it for 30 years, and are not done yet. I
figure then, it will take the USA close to 300 years....

As for the USA, it's already started, but most of the metric conversion
that has already taken place, is hidden, for example most cars, bikes
and machinery are made using metric sized fasteners and components, even
those made entirely in North America, for a number of years.

Old December 18th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"The Wogster" wrote in message

As for the USA, it's already started, but most of the metric conversion
that has already taken place, is hidden, for example most cars, bikes and
machinery are made using metric sized fasteners and components, even those
made entirely in North America, for a number of years.

It's a slippery slope, I tell you. You give them an inch, they take
160,934.4 centimeters.

Old December 18th 05, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Roger Houston wrote:
"The Wogster" wrote in message

As for the USA, it's already started, but most of the metric conversion
that has already taken place, is hidden, for example most cars, bikes and
machinery are made using metric sized fasteners and components, even those
made entirely in North America, for a number of years.

It's a slippery slope, I tell you. You give them an inch, they take
160,934.4 centimeters.

Yeah, about the only place in Canada, where Imperial still reigns is the
building industry, but I wouldn't be surprized that new construction
isn't metric to a large degree, renovations will probably be imperial
for some time to come, because such a large amount of existing
structures are built that way. For example imperial plywood is 48 x 96
inches (1219 x 2438mm) where as metric is 1200mm x 2400mm almost the
same, but not quite.

Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
May 6 NYC NBG Day to Honor Fallen Bike Activist Cycle America General 0 April 11th 05 04:15 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM