California Cycling Adventure

Old December 17th 14, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default California Cycling Adventure

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:49:54 -0800, Joe Riel wrote:

jbeattie writes:

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 5:07:40 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 10:04:38 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 12/15/2014 5:36 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Now we have bogus service dogs in public places. I was in a post-op waiting room to talk to my wife's doctor a week ago, and two alleged service dogs were barking at each other. Gawdamighty, in a f***** hospital. I would have freaked out but for the fact that my miniature horse was keeping me calm. I also had six cats under my coat just for back-up calming.

One year I was cross country skiing in Yosemite. A guy on our trip had
his dog with him and he was stopped by a ranger. Dogs are not allowed at
all, but he had the paperwork for his dog. It was an emotional support
animal. He still was cited for the dog being off-leash.

The guy seemed fine but I don't know what he would have been like
without the dog.

http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/pubs/548301.pdf

I think every pet is sometimes an emotional support animal, but clearly
there are those with psychiatric issues for whom the animal helps
mitigate these issues.

There seems something very strange with you USians when your big
friend, and emotional support, is a dog.

I recently heard a woman describe herself as a "wife and a puppy mama." No, you own a dog. You did not give birth to it. It does not share your genetic material. The world is getting way too sappy.

Possibly, however, one can also adopt or be a step-parent.
Donating genes isn't a requirement for being a parent.
Being of the same species, though, certainly helps.

I don't think so. A step-father or mother is simply the current mate
of your natural parent.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old December 17th 14, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Sometimes.
The Caesars and the Antonines are famous counterexamples.

As is the much suffering Huang family:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/wo...home.html?_r=0

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 17th 14, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

now now the O admin brought stability and prosperity back into focus

check the graph

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/7...34-43_full.jpg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...-meltdown.html

get the graph

search: menendez Miami Bolivia bush in GooNews

Old December 17th 14, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

My issue is placing dog ownership on par with being a parent -- biological or step. There are significant differences, as I am reminded each semester when I pay my son's tuition (at least until the college savings run out). He's coming home for Christmas on Saturday, and I'm going to put him on a leash and walk him around the neighborhood. I take plenty of plastic bags -- just in case. We might go down to the park, except I'm worried he might chase the geese or harass the smaller boys. He is a large breed.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 18th 14, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

[...]

I've seen some people who appeared to have adopted a dog and placed it
in the same position as a human child. In the case I'm thinking the
dog is obviously a substitute for the child that the wife never had.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old December 18th 14, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

VORKNUNGEN !

rescuing Magoo's dog before Magoo tries a rescue is not different from a dog or cat or whatever's position in a small integral group.

hoilday cycling adventure davek UK 4 September 4th 06 08:44 AM
5-day Cycling adventure - So Cal/No. California [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 5th 06 02:54 AM
Adventure Cycling US routes ken Rides 2 March 27th 06 04:03 PM
Adventure Cycling Across America? Pat in TX Rides 0 January 29th 06 08:50 PM
Adventure Cycling Across America? Jeff Wills Recumbent Biking 2 January 27th 06 11:31 PM