Qu-ax lightweight ISIS cranks for trials

Old July 3rd 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Default Qu-ax lightweight ISIS cranks for trials

Hi everyone,

Sometime this year (hopefully) I will be building up a new trials uni.
I'm going for light but strong. Originally, I was going to get 'Tensile
cranks' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1068), however
they are very expensive. Moments are heavy for my liking (at 610 grams)
as are qu-ax CrMo ISIS (at 510 grams).

So I was looking around and saw the 'qu-ax aluminum ISIS cranks'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1072). Very cheap,
very light (at around 380 grams) but it says they are not recommended
for big jumping. They are so cheap that I wouldn't really mind getting
a pair and seeing if they will hold up. I am pretty easy on my
equipment.

The thing is, if I get the aluminum qu-ax ISIS cranks and they bend, I
need to know that there is no risk of damaging the hub? I have no
experience with bent cranks, so I would appreciate it if you guys let
me know whether there would be any risk to my hub if the cranks bend.

Thanks,

Max

--
maximus unius