Qu-ax lightweight ISIS cranks for trials

Old July 4th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Default Qu-ax lightweight ISIS cranks for trials

skilewis74 wrote:
I'd give them a shot if you're on a budget, but I think they have less
Q-factor than their Cro-mo cranks, so wouldn't be a perfect
comparison.

Where'd you get 150's? Steel them of a 24" DX?

I've heard MG 1's slide off their spindle relatively easily.

I'd get Kona Wah Wah's insead. A couple dollars more ($80 retail) and
18 g. heavier (478 g), but they look a lot stonger, have more screws,
and no set screws.

For me it's harder to adjust the position of my feet w/ set screws for
a given level of traction, plus I've heard they rip out easier.

I ordered the 150's through a bike shop. They got them directly from
Seattle Bike Supply.

The Kona Wah Wahs are about 100 grams heavier than MG-1s.

--
maximus unius
Old July 23rd 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

OK one more question

All the other aluminum cranks I've seen have CrMo pedal inserts. How
will the pedal threads hold up on the qu-ax cranks hold up to CrMo
pedal spindles?

--
maximus unius
Old July 24th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

maximus unius wrote:
The Kona Wah Wahs are about 100 grams heavier than MG-1s.

Sorry, that was misleading. I meant in comparison to the ones Isaac
posted.

I've heard low profile pedals give a more stable feeling. I can
believe this since I have some thick pedals and they have a much less
stable feeling than other sets of pedals I have. The downside is in
the past because of their design, they eventually slide off the spindle
fairly quickly from heavy landings & multiple UPD's.

Those Kona's came out after I read that and I don't know if the pedal
is secured to the spindle in the same way.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'