The NHS knows cycling keeps you healthy...

Old April 23rd 14, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Darkside

Default The NHS knows cycling keeps you healthy...

.... is that why my doctors' practice hasn't a cycle stand and the
hospital that serves half a million people only has two?
--
Sue ]
Old April 23rd 14, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 23/04/2014 16:33, Darkside wrote:
... is that why my doctors' practice hasn't a cycle stand and the
hospital that serves half a million people only has two?

the nhs should invest in bicycle ambulances, they could be sent out to
recover cyclists.

http://practicalaction.org/transport/bicycle_ambulances
Old April 24th 14, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:33:29 +0100, Darkside wrote:

... is that why my doctors' practice hasn't a cycle stand and the
hospital that serves half a million people only has two?

Yes. They do not want to lose customers.
Old April 26th 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

wrote:

... is that why my doctors' practice hasn't a cycle stand and the
hospital that serves half a million people only has two?
--

The NHS has a scheme where they subsidise bicycles for their employees
to go to work on.

What happens it the cyclists still come to work on a cheap mountain
bike but spend the free money on an expensive racing bike for the
weekend.

I understood cycling was wonderfully healthy? Mrcheerful UK 2 April 7th 14 05:57 PM
Cycling maybe not so healthy after all! Derek C UK 30 January 9th 11 06:26 AM
Cycling IS a healthy way to travel or is it? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 5 June 23rd 10 11:52 AM
Cycling is healthy! Tony W UK 1 February 3rd 06 06:43 PM
Healthy cycling begins with a bike that fits Garrison L. Hilliard Techniques 0 August 16th 04 05:00 PM