Yes, let hikers and bikes mix on trails

Old July 25th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Yes, let hikers and bikes mix on trails

On 25/07/12 23:02, Hauke Fath wrote:
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
wrote:

Hessen is about to ban mountain bikes on all but schotterwegs;

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=298217

Excellent news.

Wait, is this Germany or what?

I'm not against banning bikes, just regulating them where they could
be a problem. On a bike you could the best of those extensive trails
found in Germany.

Well - hike on any trail near a town, and downhill mtb riders will be on
you like wild boars. Most are weight conscious, and leave politeness at
home.

It annoys me - forget about walking side-by-side with your spouse; older
folks may find it quite disturbing.

The initiative of the Hessian provincial government is still a purely
populist move (they have little else to show), but there is a
background.

Some people are rude. There is nothing more to it. When I was riding
trails a lot more, I was always as polite as possible to all other trail
users, yet now there are signs on the trails I used to enjoy banning
bikes. I feel like saying stuff the signs and ride the trail anyway,
but then I'd be a polite law breaker.

There's always a few rotten apples in the bushel. No reason to spoil it
for the rest.

--
JS.
Old July 26th 12, 06:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

A FEW ? gnaw its the flat out crew. the few are flower smellers. stop absorb watch feel BE gnaw its zooom zooom zoooom

totally different race

why bitch lookit the trails laid out for these dirt eaters

NO ONE WANTS THESE GUYS IN THEIR BACKYARDS NADA

then they tear trails upo which costs mega $$$ that doesn't exist

the trail took years to develop. volunteers. YEARS

two weeks opf MTB in wet conditions and years ofm wrok gone zap
Old July 26th 12, 07:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:57:05 PM UTC-7, datakoll wrote:
A FEW ? gnaw its the flat out crew. the few are flower smellers. stop absorb watch feel BE gnaw its zooom zooom zoooom

totally different race

why bitch lookit the trails laid out for these dirt eaters

NO ONE WANTS THESE GUYS IN THEIR BACKYARDS NADA

then they tear trails upo which costs mega $$$ that doesn't exist

the trail took years to develop. volunteers. YEARS

two weeks opf MTB in wet conditions and years ofm wrok gone zap

yeah IMHO non cyclists view MTB as juvenile hells angels

ass a group.
ya know,lika lynch mob, terrorists, looters, vandals, fire starters, hoooligans,

you know little Billy times 6...