folding bicycles

Old January 17th 11, 11:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Default folding bicycles

Jack Russell wrote:
I bought one of their folders a a couple of months ago. Apart from the
Huge weight I could not raise the saddle high enough to fit my meagre 5
foot 10 inches. Eventually I took advantage of their money back offer.

I tend to run the seat tube about 15mm higher than the "maximum" mark (I'm
5'11").

To date I've mostly used it on those days that I have to make a blood
donation but can't afford the time to ride to/from work as well(the
hospital is about 2km away, and at present has serious car parking
problems).

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old January 17th 11, 09:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

On 17/01/2011 21:00, BT Humble wrote:
Jack Russell wrote:
I bought one of their folders a a couple of months ago. Apart from the
Huge weight I could not raise the saddle high enough to fit my meagre 5
foot 10 inches. Eventually I took advantage of their money back offer.

I tend to run the seat tube about 15mm higher than the "maximum" mark (I'm
5'11").

To date I've mostly used it on those days that I have to make a blood
donation but can't afford the time to ride to/from work as well(the
hospital is about 2km away, and at present has serious car parking
problems).

BTH

I tried putting the seat up beyond the max mark but it was unstable to
put it mildly.

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old October 26th 11, 04:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fraser Johnston[_3_]

On 10/01/11 5:03 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

What? They make pensioners pay for bus fares in Sydney? *******s!
In Perth, where I am a pensioner, all bus and rail journeys initiated
between 9am and 3pm on work days are free, as is all public transport on
weekends and public holidays. And you don't even need to be a pensioner.
Just over 600 and working less than 20 hours a week.

I knew you were old Theo but WTF?? : )

Fraser
Old October 27th 11, 01:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Krypsis

On 26/10/2011 2:48 PM, Fraser Johnston wrote:
On 10/01/11 5:03 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

What? They make pensioners pay for bus fares in Sydney? *******s!
In Perth, where I am a pensioner, all bus and rail journeys initiated
between 9am and 3pm on work days are free, as is all public transport on
weekends and public holidays. And you don't even need to be a pensioner.
Just over 600 and working less than 20 hours a week.

I knew you were old Theo but WTF?? : )

Fraser

At 74, I have a feeling I might be dead long before I qualify. That must
be the fine print I can't see any more!

--

Krypsis
Old November 5th 11, 04:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers[_2_]

"Fraser Johnston" wrote
On 10/01/11 5:03 PM, Theo Bekkers wrote:

What? They make pensioners pay for bus fares in Sydney? *******s!
In Perth, where I am a pensioner, all bus and rail journeys
initiated
between 9am and 3pm on work days are free, as is all public
transport on
weekends and public holidays. And you don't even need to be a
pensioner.
Just over 600 and working less than 20 hours a week.

I knew you were old Theo but WTF?? : )

Oops, make that over 60.

Theo