Insulated Bottles

Old February 25th 13, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

Default Insulated Bottles

The Subject says it all. Anyone using insulated bottles; is there a
difference between brands; in tropical weather how long would they
keep drinks cold?

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old February 25th 13, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, February 25, 2013 8:00:17 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
The Subject says it all. Anyone using insulated bottles; is there a

difference between brands; in tropical weather how long would they

keep drinks cold?

--

Cheers,

John B.

Don't know about tropical heat but here when it's humid and hot I use Tim Horton's Thermoses. They fit in my Profile cages and they keep my water cold for many hours.

Cheers
Old February 25th 13, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

lets have water discipline here...

developing wrapping a wet towel around ur pre frozen thermos isn't getting support in images but maybe in search

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mg.eZWxkwcG-ws

I lack language. Maybe a trip over to VISUAL THESAURUS ?

prob a piece on water retention properites materials...

ask Morsi ? I herd he's on the pill.

CO2 is grate but $$$ I bought a slender slab yesterday for unscrewing a tornup by the NATIONAL CITY FORD DEALER oil drain plug placing crushed ice into a Fred Myers Bean Can held against foil and plug head

ahhhhh out he came ! nice nice.

thinghs being what they are STPwise, evap cooling should produce a cool effect

but why go then ? go to Iceland for fresh fish and wild women..
Old February 25th 13, 02:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

why stop here ?

MAN POWERS BICYCLE WITH ICE TEA

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=610
Old February 25th 13, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

ARE YOU INTO RADONEARING ?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/0T6yRU4EvPY/mqdefault.jpg
Old February 25th 13, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/25/2013 5:00 AM, John B. wrote:

The Subject says it all. Anyone using insulated bottles; is there a
difference between brands; in tropical weather how long would they
keep drinks cold?

You may want to look at http://bicyclecoffeesystems.com for
recommendations on double-wall, vacuum, steel bottles.

Not sure if you are interested in vacuum insulated or plastic insulated.

Not on that site yet is the Bubba 16 ounce hero, at
http://www.shopbubba.com/p-299-bubba-16-oz-hero-bottle-classic-gunmetal-gray.aspx.
Also at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006K339FY. They sell these at
Walmart for a little less than the manufacturer's web site or Amazon.

I like this bottle because it fits the cages and handlebar cup holders
that we have in our fleet. An aluminum or steel cage would probably
scratch it up, but we use mostly non-metal cages in our fleet now. It
keeps coffee hot a lot longer than the Contigo mugs I bought at Costco.

There's a 24 ounce version as well,
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00881MO8E but I think that it has a larger
diameter so you'd need one of the Topeak adjustable cages for it
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZKCLEI.

What's amazing about these bottles is that somehow they know that when
you put in a hot beverage that the bottle should keep it hot, and when
you put in a cold beverage the bottle should keep it cold. I suspect
that there is some sort of temperature sensor that's hooked to a
micro-controller that automatically sets the bottle to hot mode or cold
mode.

The plastic insulated bottles like the Polar don't keep liquids cold as
long, but of course they are lighter than a steel bottle, though not
really much cheaper. See the test at
http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/general-discussion/38840-insulated-bottle-test.html
where he liked the Camelback better (better flow and kept the liquid
cooler).

Remember, Experts Agree, Coffee is Good Food--Drink Lots.

Old February 25th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/25/2013 1:36 PM, nmp wrote:
SMS:

I like this bottle because it fits the cages and handlebar cup holders
that we have in our fleet.

Handlebar cup holders? Do you have a picture?

http://nordicgroup.us/bikecoff/bcimages/bellcruisinjoetogo.JPG

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089WYRS2 But I got mine at Target for about
half that price. They have them on and off.
Old February 25th 13, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

WE'RE BACK !!!

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...sulated+bottle

there's a North Face sale

I have 2: a Nissan traditional for tea and a wide mouth whise manufacture I daohn remeber.

The wide mouth is siper holding chilled rigatoni with a top dressing of raspberry yogurt...excells at 120 road temp until lunch. yum yum

The Nissan keeps tea HOT so the liquid needs cooling till afternoon at 40

both are prechilled with ice or preheated ith B water
Old February 26th 13, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:20:57 -0800, SMS
wrote:

[...]

Coffee? Hot coffee? In 90 - 100 F weather?

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old February 26th 13, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

cold is lack of heat. Flow data largely similar.

Coffee contains dangerous alkaloids destructive in the lower intestine

Red Roof Inns a famous examp0le.

Cwispin bottles - again. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 18 February 26th 12 08:37 AM
Any "insulated" bottles that actually work? Mike Jacoubowsky General 31 May 20th 09 05:13 PM
MORE than 70 bottles of h2o on stage 17 [email protected] Racing 1 August 3rd 06 10:55 PM
Custom bottles LSMike UK 2 July 5th 06 05:15 PM
Anybody use an insulated bottle? Gooserider General 14 August 23rd 05 03:31 AM