"If you vote for Bush...

Old November 1st 04, 09:35 PM
di

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
Jason wrote:

Does this count for us Canadians too? Heck I'd vote for bubba if it
got me the bike of my choice.

Hey, run down to Ohio and vote! I hear they're not really checking minor
things like I.D., citizenship, residency, etc.

Bill "details, details" S.

Vote early and often in as many different places you can get to, the new
democracy in action, at least according to a few Federal Judges.

Old November 2nd 04, 01:19 AM
Shawn

Timo wrote:
"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe
me, fellow-citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly
awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of
the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy, to be
useful, must be impartial, else it becomes the instrument of the very
influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive
partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause
those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil
and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may
resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and
odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the
people to surrender their interests."

Good speach. Here's another gem from it.

The nation prompted by ill will and resentment sometimes impels to war
the government contrary to the best calculations of policy. The
government sometimes participates in the national propensity, and adopts
through passion, what reason would reject; at other times it makes the
animosity of the nation subservient to projects of hostility instigated
by pride, ambition, and other sinister and pernicious motives. The peace
often, sometimes perhaps the liberty, of nations has been the victim.

George Washington
Farewell Address 1796
Old November 2nd 04, 05:28 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Chris Phillipo wrote:
In article , sorni@bite-
me.san.rr.com says...
Subject: "If you vote for Bush...
From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike

supabonbon wrote:
...you'll get a new Cannondale!" -- yelled to me mid-commute by a
bearded homeless guy dragging a cart full of cans across 14th street
this morning.

Please take this to wreck miss and/or teck where it belongs.

Bill "now if it were a FOES..." S.

More like alt.comedy.heard.on.bike

My (all-too-subtle, apparently) point was that there's a LOT of OT political
stuff on the rec.* cycling groups.

Bill "releasing lead balloons since..." S.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:29 PM
Joel Crum

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in
:

Chris Phillipo wrote:
In article , sorni@bite-
me.san.rr.com says...
From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike

supabonbon wrote:
...you'll get a new Cannondale!" -- yelled to me mid-commute by a
bearded homeless guy dragging a cart full of cans across 14th
street this morning.

Please take this to wreck miss and/or teck where it belongs.

Bill "now if it were a FOES..." S.

More like alt.comedy.heard.on.bike

My (all-too-subtle, apparently) point was that there's a LOT of OT
political stuff on the rec.* cycling groups.

Bill "releasing lead balloons since..." S.

And may I just say props to A.M-B for keeping it on topic!

Yeah we're all watching the election. I hope we're all voting (well the
US residents), but that doesn't mean that ABSOLUTELY EVERY WORD FOR 12
MONTHS needs to be devoted to harping on it.

--
- Joel C.

Does Alanis Morissette stress you out? Her sweater is on backwards and
inside out, and you say, "Hey, your tag is showing."
Old November 2nd 04, 09:05 PM
Shawn

Joel Crum wrote:
"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in
:

Chris Phillipo wrote:

In article , sorni@bite-
me.san.rr.com says...

From: "B i l l S o r n s o n"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike

supabonbon wrote:

...you'll get a new Cannondale!" -- yelled to me mid-commute by a
bearded homeless guy dragging a cart full of cans across 14th
street this morning.

Please take this to wreck miss and/or teck where it belongs.

Bill "now if it were a FOES..." S.

More like alt.comedy.heard.on.bike

My (all-too-subtle, apparently) point was that there's a LOT of OT
political stuff on the rec.* cycling groups.

Bill "releasing lead balloons since..." S.

And may I just say props to A.M-B for keeping it on topic!

Yeah we're all watching the election. I hope we're all voting (well the
US residents), but that doesn't mean that ABSOLUTELY EVERY WORD FOR 12
MONTHS needs to be devoted to harping on it.

I hope it's decisive one way or another (especially one way) or we ain't
seen nothin' yet.

Shawn
Old November 4th 04, 02:21 PM

I voted then held up a sign for a friend that was
running for state office. He lost and with a small city of 28,000 pop
5,000 votes were cast between both parties. But the people spoke and
Bush won so I feel better. As for those Next bikes their in every
department store. And bike shops are few and in between and harder to
get to.

I MTB 2004