Anybody here from St. Louis?

Old March 18th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_7_]

Default Anybody here from St. Louis?

I need to figure out a way to get from downtown St. Louis out to St.
Charles. The metrolink stops at the airport, so I am looking for the proper
bus route. I went on the bus website, but the street names don't mean
anything to me.

Can someone help with the bus route?

thanks,

Pat in TX

Old March 19th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Mar 18, 6:23 pm, "Pat" wrote:
I need to figure out a way to get from downtown St. Louis out to St.
Charles. The metrolink stops at the airport, so I am looking for the proper
bus route. I went on the bus website, but the street names don't mean
anything to me.

Can someone help with the bus route?

thanks,

Pat in TX

The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.asp click on Missouri
System Map. The orange route goes past the airport, on I70, into
Earth City on the east side of the Missour river (blue), then back on
MO370. St. Charles is on the other side of the river, you have to
take the I70 or MO370 bridge across. So you will need to take a
shuttle or cab from the airport. If you are on bicycle, you can swing
further south and take the bike trail along side the Page Ave bridge
over the Missouri. MO370 allows bicycle shoulder access, but you are
right up against 80mph traffic without barriers.

http://www.stlbikefed.org/RoadsTrail...6/Default.aspx

http://mobikefed.org/momaps.php
Old March 19th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_7_]

The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.asp click on Missouri
System Map.

thanks. I guess that explains why the woman who runs the shuttle at the B&B
in St. Charles wants me to go to Kirkwood for pickup. I could take the train
to Kirkwood, but it leaves at 4 p.m. and I thought a bus would be a quicker,
cheaper way. Maybe I could get a bus to Kirkwood?

Pat in TX

Old March 19th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Mar 19, 12:09*pm, "Pat" wrote:
The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.aspclick on Missouri
System Map.

thanks. I guess that explains why the woman who runs the shuttle at the B&B
in St. Charles wants me to go to Kirkwood for pickup. I could take the train
to Kirkwood, but it leaves at 4 p.m. and I thought a bus would be a quicker,
cheaper way. Maybe I could get a bus to Kirkwood?

Pat in TX

Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

Kirkwood is to the southwest of downtown, NE of I270 & I44. Kirkwood
Commons
(Target/Wal-Mart/Lowes) is just north of I44 on Linburgh with bus
routes 11 / (49) / 59 passing in front. The Amtrak / Bus stop
location is shown as opening April 2008 near the main Metro bus stop,
11 / 59 are here, not bus 49. Looks like 59 zig zags through the west
side, then down to Kirkwood, 11 goes south to the Brewery then heads
west to Kirkwood, less congested.
Old March 19th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_7_]

Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

Bed & Breakfast
1309 N. Fifth St.
St. Charles Mo. 63301

That's where the B&B is. Thanks for your help. I like to try and plan these
things in advance. Riding the Amtrak seems to be a fun idea, but it sure is
turning out to be a pain in the butt in other things. As I go along with
this planning, a little voice keeps saying "Just drive the car up there!"

Pat in TX

Old March 20th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Mar 19, 5:06 pm, "Pat" wrote:
Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

Bed & Breakfast
1309 N. Fifth St.
St. Charles Mo. 63301

That's where the B&B is. Thanks for your help. I like to try and plan these
things in advance. Riding the Amtrak seems to be a fun idea, but it sure is
turning out to be a pain in the butt in other things. As I go along with
this planning, a little voice keeps saying "Just drive the car up there!"

Pat in TX

Bus 32 goes from downtown North on 14th, East on Market, South on
Tucker, East on Clark, North on 9th, West on Cass / MLK / St Charles
Rock Road to Earth city, right across the river from St Charles. Just
West of I270 is an Olive Garden at 3552 Pennridge Dr, Bridgeton, MO
63044 (314) 739-1274, the remainder of the route is office /
warehouse / light manufacturing businesses. Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...TF8& t=h&z=11

The maps below are the two options for last 6 mile leg of the trip.
I70 is 0.3 miles shorter and busier. MO370 is viable by bicycle.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...=UTF8&t=h&z=13
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...60675&t=h&z=13

St. Louis Question Mike Kruger Rides 2 July 14th 07 11:08 PM
Brompton delare in St Louis? [email protected] Techniques 0 October 4th 06 10:09 PM
Anyone on this forum living in ST. Louis Tigger Unicycling 0 April 17th 06 02:40 AM
Hey St Louis riders... JohnH Mountain Biking 1 April 16th 06 05:50 PM