Cyclist kills 6 people in Birmingham

Old December 17th 17, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Cyclist kills 6 people in Birmingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

Obviously the 'law abiding' motorists had to swerve to avoid an unlit cyclist in dark clothing riding the wrong way on a dual carriageway. Even though there were no red lights for the cyclist to jump, I am sure we will be told this was a major factor.

Old December 18th 17, 04:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

On 17/12/2017 22:18, Simon Jester wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

Obviously the 'law abiding' motorists had to swerve to avoid an unlit cyclist in dark clothing riding the wrong way on a dual carriageway. Even though there were no red lights for the cyclist to jump, I am sure we will be told this was a major factor.

What are you doing Simon? Trying to descend to typical cager level ?

6(six) people died, I don't think anyone should use that as an attempt
to look like your point scoring (yes I know cagers do that but surely
you are above such things).
Old December 18th 17, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 18/12/2017 04:27, soup wrote:
On 17/12/2017 22:18, Simon Jester wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

Obviously the 'law abiding' motorists had to swerve to avoid an unlit
cyclist in dark clothing riding the wrong way on a dual carriageway.
Even though there were no red lights for the cyclist to jump, I am
sure we will be told this was a major factor.

There may well have been a cyclist that caused that crash, he would have
cleared off sharpish, as they usually do.

These six people definitely were killed by cyclists:

Peter Craig
Mary Evans
Rhiannon Bennett
Kim Briggs
Ronald Turner
Diana Walker
Old December 18th 17, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 18/12/2017 04:27, soup wrote:
On 17/12/2017 22:18, Simon Jester wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

Obviously the 'law abiding' motorists had to swerve to avoid an unlit
cyclist in dark clothing riding the wrong way on a dual carriageway.
Even though there were no red lights for the cyclist to jump, I am
sure we will be told this was a major factor.

What are you doing Simon?Â* Trying to descend to typical cager level ?

6(six) people died, I don't think anyone should use that as an attempt
to look like your point scoringÂ* (yes I know cagers do that but surely
you are above such things).

'cager' what a quaint term.
Old December 19th 17, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 17/12/17 22:18, Simon Jester wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

A perfectly ordinary day in motor land. I wonder why that particular 6
got all the attention.

Old December 19th 17, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19/12/2017 09:17, TMS320 wrote:

On 17/12/17 22:18, Simon Jester wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...eporting-story

A perfectly ordinary day in motor land. I wonder why that particular 6
got all the attention.

It seems that there is more to this case than meets the eye.

At least one of the people involved has (or should I say "had") form for
this sort of thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42408477

QUOTE:
One of the six victims of a multi-car fatal crash in Birmingham had
served a prison sentence over a 130mph police pursuit, the BBC understands.

Kasar Jehangir, 25, was jailed for three years for dangerous driving and
possession with intent to supply in November 2016. [ ... ]

Mr Jehangir - released earlier in 2017 and under probation service
supervision - died on Sunday while travelling in an Audi with *****
*****, 26, and ******** *****, 30, who also died. A fourth man, aged 22,
was seriously injured.
ENDQUOTE

Assuming him to have been the driver, and even assuming that he'd ever
had a licence in the first place, it is not even slightly likely that
the inevitable disqualification dating from November 2016 would yet be
at an end.

He therefore would not be a driver. All he would be qualified to drive
woud be a bicycle, making Jester's "jokey" thread title likely to be
accurate.

Cyclist kills puppy Mrcheerful UK 3 July 8th 14 09:29 AM
Pavement cyclist kills OAP Mrcheerful UK 36 June 16th 14 12:50 PM
cyclist goes to Birmingham in search of a gorilla Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 15 August 27th 11 08:54 AM
cyclist nearly kills himself Abo UK 220 January 9th 07 07:23 AM
Mouse kills Cyclist ? Mike Kruger General 1 November 14th 06 03:57 AM