New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

Old May 17th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

Default New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

I just placed the order on Tuesday and the wheelbuild arrived Friday!
Wow, A+ shipping, Unicycle.com . I actually didn't know the rim was
white...I thought it was chrome, but white is even better!

Here's my coker:

[image:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...00resized.jpg]

[image:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...01resized.jpg]

[image:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...02resized.jpg]

[image:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...03resized.jpg]

[image:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...04resized.jpg]

- Radial Frame
- UDC Super-Wide Hub
- Qu-Ax Alloy Cranks - 125mm
- T7 Handle
- KH Seatpost - Primo Clamp
- Jim C Pedals
- Wheel TA Tire
- Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim
- 14g SS Spokes (36)

I just took it for it's first test spin - The weight difference makes a
-huge- impact on the way it handles. Not only is it somewhat nicer to
lug around, it's also much more maneuverable. This should be nice to
ride the LBI Unithon with.

I know, the Jim C's are a bit bulky. I'm planning to pick up some
twisted Odysseys soon.

--
Chexjc

aim: guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jasoncheckla

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
Old May 17th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Grrr... UDCUK haven't had any spokes for ages. But if my wheel ever
turns up it'll be just like yours! (except I'm having a normal width
ISIS hub). Very jealous.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old May 18th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

rob.northcott wrote:
Grrr... UDCUK haven't had any spokes for ages. But if my wheel ever
turns up it'll be just like yours! (except I'm having a normal width
ISIS hub). Very jealous.

Rob

I would've ordered mine in early april, but UDC (US) was out of the
spokes until the 30th - so I was in a similar boat. ISIS hub, huh? I
wish I had the cash to have sprung for that haha. Post pics when you
get it!

Old May 18th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Chexjc wrote:
ISIS hub, huh? I wish I had the cash to have sprung for that haha. Post
pics when you get it!

It's about the same price as the square-taper hubs... are you thinking
of a Schlumpf geared hub?
I've got an extra-wide hub on my current steel coker wheel, but decided
to go for ISIS this time (seems like the way unicycle cranks are going,
and gives me the possibility of using the KH dual-holed cranks,
although I'm not using those yet), which means no option of an
extra-wide hub. In theory the standard-width hub will make the wheel a
bit weaker, but I know loads of people using standard hubs with no
problems, even cross-country, so I've decided to risk it (the new rim
and spokes are better anyway so hopefully will make up for the narrower
hub).

Hopefully Roger will get some spokes soon (he was expecting them a
couple of weeks ago I think)...

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old May 18th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

rob.northcott wrote:
It's about the same price as the square-taper hubs... are you thinking
of a Schlumpf geared hub?

Nah, I'm not thinking of the Schlumpf, but we definitely aren't
thinking of the same hubs . Which hub are you ordering with yours?

Old May 18th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Chexjc wrote:
Nah, I'm not thinking of the Schlumpf, but we definitely aren't thinking
of the same hubs . Which hub are you ordering with yours?

Just a normal 'Nimbus ISIS hub' (http://tinyurl.com/52bxs2).

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old May 18th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

rob.northcott wrote:
Just a normal 'Nimbus ISIS hub' (http://tinyurl.com/52bxs2).

Rob

Oh okay. UDC(US) has the Nimbus ISIS for a litte more than twice the
price of the Super-Wide Hub.

Old May 18th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Daytripper63

I wonder if they are going to make that rim in black

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before "Working"
Old May 19th 08, 09:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Chexjc wrote:
Oh okay. UDC(US) has the Nimbus ISIS for a litte more than twice the
price of the Super-Wide Hub.

That's odd - they're about the same price in the UK (only £1
difference). Perhaps it's a cock-up on the UDCUS site?

Daytripper63 wrote:
I wonder if they are going to make that rim in black

They already do. There's a choice of black or white.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old May 30th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Chexjc wrote:
Post pics when you get it!

OK, Roger's spoke supply arrived and I got my wheel yesterday.
Haven't had time to put it on the unicycle yet, but here are a couple
of pics of the wheel FWIW. It's certainly noticably lighter than my
old wheel. I'll weigh them when I'm doing the swap and see what the
actual difference is. I'm guessing about 400-500g (the spokes alone
save 200 I think).

Rob

|Filename: new36hub.jpg |

rob.northcott