Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

Old August 23rd 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Daytripper63

Default Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

I have not been riding much in the last year due to some achilles and
heel pain so now I just had achilles tendon surgery due to a heel
deformity and a bone spur growing off the top of my heel up into the
achilles. According to the Dr. they detached the tendon ground down the
bone cut and lengthened the achilles and reattached the tendon and Doc
says zero weight for 8 weeks.
I am looking forward to riding again without the painful side effects
but what do you do in the meantime besides look forward to recovery...I

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before "Working"
Old August 23rd 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Play some video games, read a book, learn things on the internet, and
watch tv.

--
Michaelgoround
Old August 23rd 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Practice your balance on one foot w/ one or both eyes closed, on balance
boards and/or a squishy ball.

In your condition sudden jumps off may cause more damage, so I'd do
stuff high failure but low consequence, like a wall or something to
grab onto if neccessary.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old August 24th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gangstertaco

since you cant ride the unicycle clean it polish it and ... masturbait
to it..

--
gangstertaco

You can't learn if you can't understand. You can't understand if you
can't learn. Therefore you can learn if you can understand and you can
understand if you can learn....

Phil_on_uni wrote:
hey inflatable people are people too

Old August 24th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

I have snapped an Achille's tendon some time ago .. it took me two years
to get things back to normal: the big problem is that the other foot
might consider it's up to it to counterbalance. So my other tendon
started to hurt and I had to train hard to balance efforts on my feet.
4 doctors later one discoverd I had some bones in my foot that were
stuck together .... (but this is a genetic defect not related to my
achille's accident). So be more aware of your body...

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
Old August 25th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

Read Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, Lord of the Rings, and play
through Final Fantasy 7. You'll prolly get 2/3

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
Old August 25th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

Petsorfood.com!!!!

--
UniDudeDX

'My new sponsor-661 Sports' (www.sixsixone.com)
Old August 25th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

1. Edit all those photos and videos that are cluttering up your computer
(I'm guessing)
2. Write a book
3. Waste tons of time here and in Just Conversation
4. Loan out your lonely unicycles

May your recovery be swift and complication-free! Be good, the best way
to heal fast is to not rush it.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old October 28th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jesta

Learn to Juggle? Sit in a window and smile at old people as they walk
past, makes them feel so much better!

I kind of hope for your sake that it's already a bit better by now...
But if not, hope it is soon.

--
Jesta
Old October 28th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

Jesta;1120801 wrote:
Learn to Juggle? Sit in a window and smile at old people as they walk
past, makes them feel so much better!

I kind of hope for your sake that it's already a bit better by now...
But if not, hope it is soon.

I can juggle... Maybe i'll try get better at it
It is a tad better now, but i will wait till i have had xray and
ultrasound on Friday (and got results) till i stress it.
Swelling has reduced heaps, but pain comes and goes.

--
mill_mobile