Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

Old November 22nd 05, 11:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Ahh yes Ed the fraud is back.

Here is how it should have been written:

Ahh, yes, Ed the fraud is back.

Leuck needs to learn how to use commas as well as periods.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I see that Mark Leuck is now putting periods at the end of his still very
short (but complete) sentences, so some progress is being made here on

ARBR.

[...]

Old November 22nd 05, 11:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:46:51 -0700, Rich
said in :

Excellent. The pointless helmet wars will cease for awhile again.

Sadly the pointless Dolan will not.

Incidentally, the helmet war was already in full flood and had been
for some time before I resubbed.

Guy

There are two types of discussions I will never involve myself in, those
having to do with helmets and those having to do with fast bikes. Both types
of discussion lead nowhere are strictly for the permanently deranged.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 22nd 05, 12:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:51:03 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

Note the key words in Peter's message above: shut up and kill. Does that
not
tell us all we will ever want to know about this supreme jerk and dork?

Yes, it tells us that he killfiled this supreme jerk and dork.

Which would do for me, if it weren't for the fact that the supreme
jerk and dork also poisons every other thread. That's why I unsubbed
in the first place, you supreme jerk and dork. I wasn't the first you
drove off and I doubt I'll be the last.

Guy

So why don't others who can't take the heat just quietly put me in their
killfile and slink off into their good night. But no, instead they have to
make announcements, just like you have now. I think we all know who are the
jerks and the dorks. Peter, meet Guy. Guy, meet Peter. Try to act like a man
occasionally instead of whimpering like a woman all the time, why don't you!

You are starting to remind me more and more of old Cletus Lee from Texas.
Before you know it, you will start to remind me of Jon Meinecke, the biggest
weasel ARBR has ever been saddled with.

By the way, I limit myself to just a few threads always. This thread is all
about me and so of course I am going to post to it until kingdom come (see
the subject thread title). My main function here on ARBR is as a
housekeeper. That is essentially what all librarians do and it just comes
naturally to me (I was a college librarian in another lifetime).

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. I wonder if Guy is a medical physics IT officer like Peter. If he is,
would he please tell me what it is that a medical physics IT officer does. I
am dying to know, but Peter won't tell me and I am too proud to ever look up
**** like this.

Old November 22nd 05, 12:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:29:52 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

You are going to see a new and improved Ed Dolan.

The evidence is against you thus far.

Guy

It is going to take some time so I beg all of you to be patient with me. It
is not easy to lose old habits honed by years of constant battle here on
ARBR, most especially when I am being baited all the time by the likes of
Guy Chapman of England. He knows I am of Irish ancestry, so we are off to a
bad start right there - he of the stiff upper lip and of somewhat dour
disposition and I of delightful Irish lightness and something of a joyful
gadfly.

I wonder, do the Irish in England get along with the English, or is it
constant warfare and unpleasantness like it is here on ARBR? I have never
yet hit it off with a single Englishman.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 22nd 05, 08:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 04:54:53 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

There are two types of discussions I will never involve myself in, those
having to do with helmets and those having to do with fast bikes. Both types
of discussion lead nowhere are strictly for the permanently deranged.

So why not join in as you are clearly ideally suited?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old November 22nd 05, 08:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:19:02 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

So why don't others who can't take the heat just quietly put me in their
killfile and slink off into their good night.

Because you poison every discussion.

Guy

Old November 22nd 05, 08:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:31:38 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
said in :

It is going to take some time so I beg all of you to be patient with me. It
is not easy to lose old habits honed by years of constant battle here on
ARBR, most especially when I am being baited all the time by the likes of
Guy Chapman of England. He knows I am of Irish ancestry, so we are off to a
bad start right there - he of the stiff upper lip and of somewhat dour
disposition and I of delightful Irish lightness and something of a joyful
gadfly.

Actually my ancestry is at least 1/4 Irish, and I am descended from
Huguenots (the Andrés) on my mother's side.

Meet my ancestor: http://www.ushistory.org/march/bio/andre.htm

Guy

Old November 23rd 05, 03:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mike Rice" wrote in message

Guy I'm sorry to see you leave. I know it is unlikely that he will
remain civil, I've seen that black rainbow too, but I hate to see
contributing members driven off.

As a lurker, I have to admit I find the histrionics of all the comings and
goings as entertaining as an old-time soap opera. All the melodramatic
farewells, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, all the bitter rejoinders
and falling upon spears. "No, really. You guys have ****ed me off /
gotten my goat / **** in my messkit for the last time. I'm leaving. No,
really. I'm REALLY leaving. That's right. Goodbye. This is it. I warned
you. You can't talk me out of it. That's right.

"I'm already gone. And I'm feelin' strong.

"I'd rather clean out all of the toilets in Grand Central Station
With my tongue,
Than to spend
One More Minute
With you..."

Then Don Pardo's resonant voice-over says, "Does he REALLY mean it? Is Guy
REALLY going to leave? Is Ed truly Dead? Tune in tomorrow to find out!
And now here's a word from this week's sponsor, Gleem toothpaste".

To all the participants in the Final Freaking Farewell Circle Jerk and
Taffy-Pulling Society I say: stand not upon the order of your going, but go
at once.

You're all nuttier than squirrel ****.

Old November 25th 05, 11:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

said in :

It is going to take some time so I beg all of you to be patient with me.
It
is not easy to lose old habits honed by years of constant battle here on
ARBR, most especially when I am being baited all the time by the likes of
Guy Chapman of England. He knows I am of Irish ancestry, so we are off to
bad start right there - he of the stiff upper lip and of somewhat dour
disposition and I of delightful Irish lightness and something of a joyful
gadfly.

Actually my ancestry is at least 1/4 Irish, and I am descended from
Huguenots (the Andrés) on my mother's side.

Meet my ancestor: http://www.ushistory.org/march/bio/andre.htm

Guy

I will never go to a link by someone as untrustworthy as you. 1/4 Irish is
pitiful and not worth talking about. The Huguenots were all crazy as loony
birds and that would explain why you are also nuts.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 25th 05, 12:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Roger Houston" wrote in message
et...

"Mike Rice" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, but this is soap opera that is on the human scale, or would you rather
read the Ed Gin - Rich Pinto dialogues on which is the fastest bike or the
Peter Clinch - SMS dialogues on whether to wear a helmet or not? I think
not. No, you are far better off with me than you are with all those others.
After all, I range widely and am not a one topic man like so many others
here.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota