Neat recumbent rider I met

Old July 28th 05, 11:58 PM
Gooserider

Default Neat recumbent rider I met

I was doing errands on my bike when I met a recumbent rider who was pulling
a trailer. Stopped to talk with him and check out his setup. He was riding a
long wheelbase EZ something or other, pulling a three foot wide trailer. The
trailer was cobbled together with a kid trailer chassis and a clamshell
luggage container. His bike had two gigantic rear view mirrors, an MP3
player, four bottles, and front and rear bags. I asked him what he carried
in the trailer. He replied, "My cooler." He basically rode around all day
drinking beer in the hot sun. He smiled and had no front teeth. I realized
right then that 'bents must be reaching mainstream acceptance. When DUI
riders adopt it, it's legitimate. :-)

Old July 29th 05, 06:24 PM
Edward Dolan

"Gooserider" wrote in message
I was doing errands on my bike when I met a recumbent rider who was pulling
a trailer. Stopped to talk with him and check out his setup. He was riding
a long wheelbase EZ something or other, pulling a three foot wide trailer.
The trailer was cobbled together with a kid trailer chassis and a clamshell
luggage container. His bike had two gigantic rear view mirrors, an MP3
player, four bottles, and front and rear bags. I asked him what he carried
in the trailer. He replied, "My cooler." He basically rode around all day
drinking beer in the hot sun. He smiled and had no front teeth. I realized
right then that 'bents must be reaching mainstream acceptance. When DUI
riders adopt it, it's legitimate. :-)

My home town is overflowing with recently arrived Hispanics. Very many of
them end up on bikes, not because they like bikes, but because they have
lost their driver's licenses due to drunken driving, etc. Biking around town
sure beats walking around town. I notice that all of them are either on the
Wal-Mart specials or else old clunkers and junkers.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 29th 05, 10:38 PM
Gooserider

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]

Can illegals get driver's licenses in Minnesota? We have a ton of them here
in Florida, also. I don't think there's an American landscaper or drywaller
in the country. Meanwhile, there are tons of unemployed teenagers just
hanging out. WTF?

Old July 30th 05, 03:42 AM
Edward Dolan

"Gooserider" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
My home town is overflowing with recently arrived Hispanics. Very many of
them end up on bikes, not because they like bikes, but because they have
lost their driver's licenses due to drunken driving, etc. Biking around
town sure beats walking around town. I notice that all of them are either
on the Wal-Mart specials or else old clunkers and junkers.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Can illegals get driver's licenses in Minnesota? We have a ton of them
here in Florida, also. I don't think there's an American landscaper or
drywaller in the country. Meanwhile, there are tons of unemployed
teenagers just hanging out. WTF?

I think the Hispanics coming to my town may be legal, but who knows for
sure. I wish they would get into the service trades as the locals want to
rob you blind whenever they stoop to do a job for you. They want $28. an
hour to do the most menial labor. If the Hispanics will do it for less, I am
all for it.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota