Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Old September 8th 05, 03:05 AM
Sunset Fanatic

Default Petition to Convince Ed Dolan to Stay (or Go)

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bentracer and Bentrider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

I'll say one thing for Tom Sherman. He was at least intelligent if
wrongheaded about everything....

Hi Ed,

In what particular areas was this person that shares my name wrong
about recumbent bicycles [1]?

[1] Or recumbent trikes, if we slightly stretch the boundaries of this
Usenet Newsgroup beyond the strict dictionary definitions of the words
in its name.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 8th 05, 05:08 AM
HHS

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bentracer and Bentrider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

I'll say one thing for Tom Sherman. He was at least intelligent if
wrongheaded about everything....

Hi Ed,

In what particular areas was this person that shares my name wrong
about recumbent bicycles [1]?

[1] Or recumbent trikes, if we slightly stretch the boundaries of this
Usenet Newsgroup beyond the strict dictionary definitions of the words
in its name.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Seems to me this ARBR posting record, Ed's big good bye, and this Petition
to convince Ed to stay has been a sham and hoax from the beginning. The
whole thing was concocted by Dolan & Sherman as a joke on the BROL lurkers
and ARBR regulars. As usual Dolan and Sherman seem to have the last laugh.

Old September 8th 05, 05:27 AM
Sunset Fanatic

HHS who? wrote:

Seems to me this ARBR posting record, Ed's big good bye, and this Petition
to convince Ed to stay has been a sham and hoax from the beginning. The
whole thing was concocted by Dolan & Sherman as a joke on the BROL lurkers
and ARBR regulars. As usual Dolan and Sherman seem to have the last laugh.

It seems that my namesake that used to frequent this Usenet Newsgroup
has quite a reputation, does he not?

What is a "BROL lurker", pray tell?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 8th 05, 06:23 AM
Mark Leuck

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Looks like you've moved

Old September 8th 05, 10:30 AM
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bentracer and Bentrider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

I'll say one thing for Tom Sherman. He was at least intelligent if
wrongheaded about everything....

Hi Ed,

In what particular areas was this person that shares my name wrong
about recumbent bicycles [1]?

[1] Or recumbent trikes, if we slightly stretch the boundaries of this
Usenet Newsgroup beyond the strict dictionary definitions of the words
in its name.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Hi Tom,

You are very good, not to say excellent, when it comes to commenting on
recumbents. Your recent posts on the RANS Rocket are right on. But that is
not what I am talking about as you well know. It is when you get off the
subject of recumbents that you go badly astray. I attribute this to your
unreconstructed liberalism, ever an abomination and a disgrace to all
mankind.

Never mind that sharing your name business. That is the sort of thing that
Ed Gin (Johnny ReBike) does and you do not want to ever get that low. You
are now apparently residing closer to where he resides. My best advice is to
keep your distance from him. Before you know it, he will be stealing your
name and address.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 8th 05, 11:10 AM
Edward Dolan

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bentracer and Bentrider wrote:
Ed Dolan and Tom Sherman should get married and love one another.

Who is Ed Dolan and why should the person that shares my name get
married to him?

What does this have to do with recumbent bicycles, anyhow?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

It appears that the redoubtable Mr. Tom Sherman has returned to this
newsgroup. He is very good when it comes to commenting on recumbents (as is
Jon Meinecke, another longtime member of this group, whom I have also been
at loggerheads from day one). He is not so good when he gets on most other
subjects because his extreme liberal ideology colors everything he says.

I enjoy reading what Tom has to say about recumbents because he is
knowledgeable and an excellent writer. I hope he will stay on the subject of
recumbents and not invade my turf which has mainly to do with combating
idiots and morons who if it were not for me would soon take over this group
and we would end up with nothing but mindless banter. I refer you to the
Australian bicycle group for what I mean.

Old September 8th 05, 12:01 PM
Edward Dolan

"Sunset Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

Al Luminium wrote:
...At least with Tom Sherman, we
got a lesson in zionist politics. So forget the voting and go riding....

Who is this person that shares my name?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

This is the kind of mindless banter that we want to avoid here on ARBR. Any
idiot can do this sort of thing. I could write a one liner to each and every
post that appears, but I don't do that sort of thing out of respect for
other members of the group. If I do not have something to say that will at
least run to one fairly substantial paragraph, I will refrain from
contributing to the general idiocy. Even John Meinecke does not do one
liners.

Mr. Sherman knows how to think and how to write and there is therefore no
excuse for these one liners which are only of interest to the principals
involved. Other newsgroups are notorious for this sort of nonsense. I would
like to establish a rule that no one should post anything to a newsgroup
that does not run to at least 3 or 4 sentences. One liners are for total
idiots. Since I know Mr. Sherman is not a total idiot, he should refrain
from one liners.

Old September 8th 05, 12:12 PM
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

HHS, it would never even occur to me to do what you suggest. However, Mr.
Sherman is half way to being a Monkey Islander himself (at least he never
complains about them), but still I know that he would never resort to such
skullduggery. Mr. Sherman does have a strange sense of humor, but he has
always been open and above board. He does not hide behind user names and
false addresses like most do. For shams and hoaxes, I refer you to Ed Gin
(Johnny ReBike). He knows all about garbage like that.

Old September 8th 05, 12:26 PM
Edward Dolan

HHS who? wrote:

Seems to me this ARBR posting record, Ed's big good bye, and this
Petition
to convince Ed to stay has been a sham and hoax from the beginning. The
whole thing was concocted by Dolan & Sherman as a joke on the BROL
lurkers
and ARBR regulars. As usual Dolan and Sherman seem to have the last
laugh.

It seems that my namesake that used to frequent this Usenet Newsgroup
has quite a reputation, does he not?

What is a "BROL lurker", pray tell?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Tom, several of your posts are appearing twice. This used to happen to me
too until I slowed down.

Like you, I do not believe there are any BROL lurkers on this newsgroup.
These two forums are sufficiently different from one another and I cannot
imagine one having much interest in the other. BROL is for the impossibly
boring types (old Cletus Lee springs immediately to mind) and ARBR is for
those who like a bit of excitement from time to time.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. Try to avoid one liner type of posts. You are too intelligent for that.

PS2. Welcome back!