Trailer to Bike Connection

Old January 3rd 07, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Great Eastern

Default Trailer to Bike Connection

Hello,

Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?

Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
want to have a look at parts!

Many thanks
Old January 3rd 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Will Cove

Great Eastern wrote in news:459bfab5$0$8719$ed2619ec@ptn-
nntp-reader02.plus.net:

Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?

Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
want to have a look at parts!

Some for starters:

http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
http://www.weber-products.de/
http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-...doggyride.html

The latter offers Montare's LockIt-Go hitch as a spare for £27. Carry
Freedom's hitch seems good value at £15 for three bike plates and one
trailer assembly, while Burley and Weber hitches can probably be got from
retailers of their trailers.

If you search Google for "bicycle trailer hitch", you'll get some more -
including some dubious-looking, home-made devices.

HTH
Old January 3rd 07, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Great Eastern

Will Cove wrote:
Some for starters:

http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
http://www.weber-products.de/
http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-...doggyride.html

Ah thanks, they look good, I made the mistake by not searching with the
term hitch!

If possible I want to modify that rather stupid grip on a Raliegh Mule.
Old January 3rd 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

Great Eastern wrote:
Will Cove wrote:
Some for starters:

http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
http://www.weber-products.de/
http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-...doggyride.html

Ah thanks, they look good, I made the mistake by not searching with the
term hitch!

If possible I want to modify that rather stupid grip on a Raliegh Mule.

I got the weber hitch by emailing Weber who sold it to me via Edinburgh
Bicycle. Very good service.

...d

Old January 4th 07, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article ,
says...
Will Cove wrote:
Some for starters:

http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
http://www.weber-products.de/
http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-...doggyride.html

Ah thanks, they look good, I made the mistake by not searching with the
term hitch!

If possible I want to modify that rather stupid grip on a Raliegh Mule.

Just make up a bracket that clamps to the seat stay and chain stay, and
has a bit of tubing to take the round springy bit of the hitch. Secure
by clamping or with a pin through the middle.
Old January 4th 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Great
Eastern ') wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?

Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
want to have a look at parts!

Carry Freedom sell their hitch as a separate part, if needed:
http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html

The Conservative Party is now dead. The corpse may still be
twitching, but resurrection is not an option - unless Satan
chucks them out of Hell as too objectionable even for him.

Old January 4th 07, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Great Eastern

Simon Brooke wrote:
Carry Freedom sell their hitch as a separate part, if needed:
http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html

Looking at the photos, that one appears to be the best fit, to allow me
a simple change over of the daft grip with that