Shipping bike interstate

Old May 16th 04, 12:09 AM
LT

Default Shipping bike interstate

Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is? I
went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say that
the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was wondering if
anyone has any experience shipping and what they used? A couple of people
have mentioned busfreight and railfreight, anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks

Luis

Old May 16th 04, 01:27 AM
D&M Johnston

"LT" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is? I
went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say

that
the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was wondering if
anyone has any experience shipping and what they used? A couple of people
have mentioned busfreight and railfreight, anyone else got any

suggestions?

Thanks

Luis

Hi Luis, yes perhaps you could also try furniture removal companies. I've

done this before and found it to be a bit cheaper, but then again i've never
sent a bike.

If you live in a major City, and are sending to another city, then you could
be in luck as many furniture removals go regularly to the main capitals, if
you live in the country town, you might have removals in the town that often
go to a capital city for regular work as quite often they also carry stuff
for major retailers as well as people's furniture.

Most furniture removal companies are very good as securing and wrapping
stuff so the chances of damage are minimised as well.

Worth a try!!
Cheers

DJ

Old May 16th 04, 06:08 AM
LT

Thanks, I'll see what I can find out...

I also found the following site which seems reasonable.

http://www.ezysend.com.au/

And the busfreight also seems like a good option

http://www.busfreight.com.au/

I'll post once I've sent it and let people know who I used, and how they
were.

Luis

Old May 17th 04, 02:38 AM
flyingdutch

Lt wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is?
I went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say
that the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was
wondering if anyone has any experience shipping and what they used? A
couple of people have mentioned busfreight and railfreight, anyone else
got any suggestions?
Thanks
Luis

I have done a couple of complete bikes to and fro
Adelaide/Melbourne for $2

-

Old May 17th 04, 11:29 AM
kingsley

On Mon, 17 May 2004 01:38:10 +0000, flyingdutch wrote:

Lt wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is?
I went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say
that the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was
wondering if anyone has any experience shipping and what they used? A
couple of people have mentioned busfreight and railfreight, anyone else
got any suggestions?

I have done a couple of complete bikes to and from
Adelaide/Melbourne for $20

Yeah that's our experience too, had a tandem couriered 'as-is'
from Canberra to here ('tween Gosford & Newcastle) for $50.

Ring your local (smallish) courier company.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

Old May 19th 04, 11:28 AM
Slow Roddles

On Sun, 16 May 2004 09:09:40 +1000, "LT" wrote:

Hi, I was wondering what the cheapest way to ship a bike interstate is? I
went to the DHL website and the quote was $150.00. On ebay people say that
the shipping cost will be more like$50.00 - $75.00. So I was wondering if

One of the interstate bus companies offered very competitive rates for
freight. Offhand I can't remember which one but their aren't that
many.

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 03:10 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Social Issues 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 11:28 AM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM