Integrated Headset Fork on Standard Headset

Old September 6th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
C.H. Luu

Default Integrated Headset Fork on Standard Headset

Hi Guys:

I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
headset.

Thanks,
Claude

Old September 6th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
steve

C.H. Luu wrote:
Hi Guys:

I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
headset.

Thanks,
Claude

You should have no problem. The forks didn't change when the
integrated hd-set came out only the head tube and hd-set changed.

Old September 7th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
BobT

"C.H. Luu" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Guys:

I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
headset.

Thanks,
Claude

You might want to read this:
http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_he...explain_1.html

BobT

Old September 7th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

BobT wrote:
"C.H. Luu" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Guys:

I need to replace a carbon fork due to a damaged dropout. My current
fork was made for my old Cannondale CAAD4 frameset, which has a
standard non-threaded headset (Cane Creek C2 1 1/8"). Would a fork
designed for the newer intergrated headset (Campagnolo & FSA), work
with my headset (Cane Creek C2, 1 1/8")? I have a lead on a Cannondale
Slice fork that was used on a Cannondale CAAD7 with an FSA integrated
headset.

Thanks,
Claude

You might want to read this:
http://www.chrisking.com/tech/int_he...explain_1.html

this article doesn't address the quesition.

most likely the fork will work, the cannondale integrated hs forks are
slightly different to match cosmetically with the headtube, but the
bearing seat is the same. as long as there is no physical interference
it will work.

i have a CAAD4 with a "slice" fork which is actually a profile BRC