Got my Semcycle Longneck frame!

Old August 4th 05, 09:30 PM
UniTyler

Default Got my Semcycle Longneck frame!

You're right Evan, it does look really cool! I got it for it's great
standup wheelwalk functionality, too though. Speaking of standup
wheelwalk, I can now go really far and am about a hair's length away
from being able to do it constantly. Now I just need to figure out the
stupid transitions. I can almost get into it from idling, only I fall
foreward every time I try. Any tips?

--
UniTyler - Which way will the avatar go?

THIS SYSTEM POWERED BY UNI.
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old August 4th 05, 09:36 PM
skate4flip

Try getting into it from regular 1 ft ww. If you are doing it from an
idle I think it is easier from a 1ft idle to stand up ww then from a
regular idle. I've only gotten into it once or twice though. Another way
to practice is just by mounting into it. Hold the unicycle in front of
you and have your walking foot on the frame and tyre to keep it from
moving, and then climb up into it.

tyler how is your longneck frame? i am thinking about getting the 20" XL
semcycle unicycle (see my other post). What size seatpost are you using?

--
skate4flip - Almost level 6
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old August 4th 05, 09:47 PM
UniTyler

Oh, I didn't know they sold different sizes! I love it overall, but
when they shipped my first one it had a big scratch on it (read this
entire thread if you want the story), but that was probably just a
single dud. The size I use is absolutely perfect for me; it goes right
up to the seat and if it was any longer it wouldn't fit. I think that's
cool cuz it makes it look all custom! As for the actual size,
the neck is 12 inches or one foot long. You can see all the stats he
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=696

Old August 5th 05, 12:55 AM
Evan Byrne

Bah, Does it really help that much for stand up ww? I think the easyest
way is the jump mount to the crown for stand up ww. Yep, i got it first
try. I think that frame will give you troubles with coasting.

--
Evan Byrne - I Bc.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old August 5th 05, 01:32 AM
forrestunifreak

Evan Byrne wrote:
*I think the easyest way is the jump mount to the crown for stand up
ww. Yep, i got it first try. *

Me too. Same here.

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
' diaper rash.' (http://tinyurl.com/ct5lp)
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
traces of peanuts.

Team YAMS member.....

Old August 5th 05, 03:47 AM
jsm

I think that frame will give you troubles with coasting.

Nonsense. That would be a great frame for coasting.

I get into stand-up wheel walk directly from riding. I put my right foot
overlapping the frame and wheel, put my left foot on the frame,
stand-up, and go. I don't even have to hold the seat any more. This
method is probably harder than the jump method, but it prepares you
better for the transition to stand-up glide. (Unless you decide to jump
right into stand-up glide, too.)

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old August 5th 05, 03:48 AM
Evan Byrne

i dont think i could cost on that, my feet would hit the tire.

Old August 5th 05, 03:50 AM
UniTyler

Evan Byrne wrote:
*Bah, Does it really help that much for stand up ww?*

Yes.

Evan Byrne wrote:
*I think the easyest way is the jump mount to the crown for stand up
ww.*

Not for me.

Evan Byrne wrote:
*Yep, i got it first try.*

Then why couldn't you do it when you tried many times to show me on the
webcam? If that was just a bad time for you when you showed me, good
for you, that's seriously impressive.

Evan Byrne wrote:
*I think that frame will give you troubles with coasting. *

Why? For some reason you have a problem with every single thing that I
learn or buy, so this is no surprise for you to say this. By the way,
what is the perfect freestyle frame in your opinion?

Old August 5th 05, 03:51 AM
UniTyler

Evan Byrne wrote:
*i dont think i could cost on that*

I thought you were rich!

Old August 5th 05, 03:52 AM
Evan Byrne

So many times? SO MANY TIMES?! I got it gitst try, it was hop on tire i
screwed up, and the reason for thinking it is going to kill you coastin
is cuz my feet rub the tire some times and i die