ACT Vets Hotdog, Dairy Flat Rd 7.11.2004

Old November 7th 04, 06:59 AM
aeek

Default ACT Vets Hotdog, Dairy Flat Rd 7.11.2004

my second crit, paid up, no more guest rider. G grade again, E/F lef
first and didn't lap us on the 1k permanently closed road section
basicly straight, 2 flatout curves that block vision,the line abou
800m from the final turn. 35mins+2, primes on (10 and 20mins) +2 excep
we 8 were lapping ?4:45? which extended things. Still, we weren'
lapped!

Anyway, I had a plan - maybe I should be in F? so after the first lap
went for it and for first prime after the final turn was swamped a lon
way out, had nothing. G grade's good. 3 laps later I won the 2nd prim
by I haven't a clue in my 1st real sprint. I felt I had stilll gone
little early as when I could actually see the line (150m?) I started t
fade. Now I think I was wrong.
Finished 5th, mostly from going later, partly from confusedly sprintin
3 laps early - plans are bad.
48max, 30avg (including 400m of roll down). We virtually stopped fo
the turns. Dog, not Hot.

Afterwards, my legs felt the best they have all week. Last Sunday
Fitz's Challenge, I listened to my legs and turned back early for
total of 100km (of 158)

--
aeek

Old November 7th 04, 07:23 AM
hippy

"aeek"
Anyway, I had a plan - maybe I should be in F? so after the first lap I
went for it and for first prime after the final turn was swamped a long
way out, had nothing. G grade's good. 3 laps later I won the 2nd prime
by I haven't a clue in my 1st real sprint. I felt I had stilll gone a
little early as when I could actually see the line (150m?) I started to
fade.

Was this a breakaway attempt before the prime or were you
sprinting against other riders for it? 150m+ is generally a
LONG way out to launch a sprint.

Now I think I was wrong.
Finished 5th, mostly from going later, partly from confusedly sprinting
3 laps early - plans are bad.

You started too late for the final sprint or you didn't know it
was the final lap? Either way, keep it up! Podiums await! :-)

hippy

Old November 8th 04, 12:17 AM
Allan

aeek wrote:
my second crit, paid up, no more guest rider. G grade again, E/F left
first and didn't lap us on the 1k permanently closed road section,
basicly straight, 2 flatout curves that block vision,the line about
800m from the final turn. 35mins+2, primes on (10 and 20mins) +2 except
we 8 were lapping ?4:45? which extended things. Still, we weren't
lapped!

Anyway, I had a plan - maybe I should be in F? so after the first lap I
went for it and for first prime after the final turn was swamped a long
way out, had nothing. G grade's good. 3 laps later I won the 2nd prime
by I haven't a clue in my 1st real sprint. I felt I had stilll gone a
little early as when I could actually see the line (150m?) I started to
fade. Now I think I was wrong.
Finished 5th, mostly from going later, partly from confusedly sprinting
3 laps early - plans are bad.
48max, 30avg (including 400m of roll down). We virtually stopped for
the turns. Dog, not Hot.

Afterwards, my legs felt the best they have all week. Last Sundays
Fitz's Challenge, I listened to my legs and turned back early for a
total of 100km (of 158).

Welcome to the ACT Vets, next week will hopefully be a more interesting
race at the Sutton Driver Training Centre. It's in the program as a
crit, but more like a kermesse since the course is more than 2km and
it's got hills, corners and a very long straight. More primes and one
tip, sprint late. The finish straight is very long

Allan Bontjer
Old November 8th 04, 09:13 AM
Rob Woozle

This might seem like a strange question, but, how old do you have to be for
Vets cycling? 35 like in athletics? It seems to vaary from sport to sport.

Ta,
Rob (Canberra)
Rob Woozle
http://www.geocities.com/robwoozle
"Hello, is there anybody.....out there?"