The reward for laziness

Old June 5th 10, 06:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default The reward for laziness

On 5/06/2010 9:47 AM, Moike wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
On 4/06/2010 6:35 PM, Steve Ball wrote:
Geoff Lock:

So, yes, I run a bit of tape around the bags around my sneakers to
stop the loose flappy bits of the bags from catching on the chain rings.

Feel free to laugh at me if you like. I don't mind. It's primitive,
it's pig ugly but my feet usually stay dry, so it works quite well for
me

Some in the motorcycle community have suggested that putting the plastic
bags inside your shoes (or boots) provides similar protection for your
feet (provided you don't have to slop around in wet shoes
afterward)while avoiding the flapping in the breeze problem.

Putting the bags inside the shoes/boots would also work if one did not
mind wet shoes, as you correctly point out. It will also look less
ridiculous But I do like dry shoes, so it'll have to be bags outside
for me.
Old June 6th 10, 01:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
RobWoozle[_2_]

On Jun 4, 12:42*pm, terryc wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:42:22 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I wear Shimano cycling sandals (I'm allowed to, I'm a recumbent rider so
don't have to worry about fashion police)

Sandals don't look the same without long socks and a beard.

Sounding more and more like Volvo drivers everyday!! LOL
Old June 6th 10, 01:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_6_]

RobWoozle wrote:
On Jun 4, 12:42 pm, terryc wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:42:22 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I wear Shimano cycling sandals (I'm allowed to, I'm a recumbent rider so
don't have to worry about fashion police)

Sandals don't look the same without long socks and a beard.

Sounding more and more like Volvo drivers everyday!! LOL

I resemble that remark.
Old June 6th 10, 09:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

On Jun 4, 4:42*am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Fri, 04 Jun 2010 02:51:50 +1000

Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

The rain drops got bigger and bigger and by the time I hit the 8km mark,
I had a wettish bottom from the spray off my rear wheel. I stopped to
put on my el cheapo wet weather pants (to protect my phone really) and
stupidly thought I'd buck the odds by not bothering about my windcheater
or my makeshift booties.

My solution is to get wet

If I'm riding to work then I have a spare set of longs and dry socks
in my work clothes panniers, the synthetic tradies shirt arms dry off
enough in the locker to not be too horrid to put back on.

Once you realise wet don't kill you, no problems!

I used to ride everyday when I worked in the city. Wet is just a fact
of life. I only ever got wet to the skin, and skin is waterproof.
Server rooms make excellent clothes-dryers. We did have hot showers at
work.

Theo
Old June 6th 10, 09:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
theo[_2_]

On Jun 5, 7:47*am, Moike wrote:

Some in the motorcycle community have suggested that putting the plastic
bags inside your shoes (or boots) provides similar protection for your
feet (provided you don't have to slop around in wet shoes
afterward)while avoiding the flapping in the breeze problem.

I've not tried it since my ancient BMW provides adequate foot
protection,

My mate agrees about the BMW keeping your feet dry. His is a 320d.

Theo

Stolen GT i-Drive 28 DEC 06 REWARD yaro30 UK 3 January 8th 07 10:51 AM
Police reward cyclists warrwych Australia 2 October 2nd 06 06:17 AM
Time for a reward.. Javier Techniques 12 August 4th 06 02:46 PM
"Reward" for giving way. Simon Mason UK 14 December 5th 04 10:20 PM
$200 Reward Matt C Racing 10 August 27th 04 10:19 PM