A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

"Still, it's their own time they're wasting"



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 17th 12, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 231
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?
Ads
  #2  
Old May 17th 12, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,000
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

On Thu, 17 May 2012 13:01:31 +0100, "Mr Benn" wrote:

"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?



I think it is his own money he is now wasting :-)


  #3  
Old May 17th 12, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,242
Default Manchester minicab drivers stage go-slow protest over bus lane 'discrimination'

QUOTE:

Up to 1,000 minicab drivers in Manchester were this morning due to
stage a go-slow protest drive from the Etihad Stadium to Manchester
Town Hall to deliver a petition protesting against what they allege
are discriminatory rules preventing them from stopping in bus lanes to
pick up or drop off passengers, while drivers of Hackney carriages Ė
or black cabs Ė are permitted to do so.

The protest has clear echoes of the ongoing dispute in London between
Britainís biggest private hire operator, Addison Lee, and Transport
for London, with a judicial review due under way to decide whether
current rules which permit licensed cabs to drive in bus lanes but
prevent minicabs for doing so are discriminatory.

Last month, TfL secured a High Court injunction to prevent Addison Lee
drivers from seeking to ignore current rules, which they had been
instructed to do in a letter sent to them by the firmís founder and
chairman, John Griffin, who had said that the company would indemnify
them in respect of any fines and other costs they incurred as a
result.

Cycle campaigners in London have campaigned against minicabs being
allowed in bus lanes in the city, which are seen as providing a refuge
of sorts for cyclists from much of the capitalís traffic.

Quoted on BBC News, Nigel Murphy Manchester City Councilís executive
member for the environment, maintained that permitting minicabs to use
bus lanes "would affect the reliability of bus services, which huge
numbers of people in Manchester depend upon to get access to work,
education or healthcare.

"Today's protest will do nothing but cause more congestion in the
city, aggravating people who are trying to go about their business."

Speaking on behalf of the Private Hire Association, solicitor James
Parry commented: "We now have something like 2,500 taxi drivers in
Manchester and 1,500 Hackney carriage drivers.

"Anybody who can't get a Hackney carriage, because they don't happen
to have one drive past their door, has to pre-book a vehicle and they
are likely to have a private hire vehicle come to their door.

"They charge more because they can't use the bus lanes so they can't
for example get to Victoria Station easily or as quickly as a Hackney
carriage would.

"That is discriminatory, it is unnecessary and it doesn't serve the
city very well in the Private Hire Association's view."

http://road.cc/content/news/58461-ma...discrimination

--
Simon Mason
  #4  
Old May 17th 12, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 423
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

On May 17, 1:01*pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. *Why is that?


STOP STIRRING THE POT. I won't tell you again.
  #5  
Old May 17th 12, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 231
Default The stirring the pot thread

"M Wicks" wrote in message
...
On May 17, 1:01 pm, "Mr Benn" wrote:
"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?


STOP STIRRING THE POT. I won't tell you again.


What pot Mr. Wicks?


  #6  
Old May 17th 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

On 17/05/2012 13:01, Mr Benn wrote:
"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?



I though he got a sever bollocking after the AGM?

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
  #7  
Old May 17th 12, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,703
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

On 17/05/2012 16:37, M Wicks wrote:
On May 17, 1:01 pm, "Mr wrote:
"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?


STOP STIRRING THE POT. I won't tell you again.



Yeah. You aren't too big to have your legs slapped Benn.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR. "Many people barely recognise the bicycle as a
legitimate mode of transport; it is either a toy for children or a
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton - Lancaster
University
  #8  
Old May 17th 12, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 492
Default Manchester minicab drivers stage go-slow protest over bus lane 'discrimination'

On May 17, 2:32*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

Up to 1,000 minicab drivers in Manchester were this morning due to
stage a go-slow protest drive from the Etihad Stadium to Manchester
Town Hall to deliver a petition protesting against what they allege
are discriminatory rules preventing them from stopping in bus lanes to
pick up or drop off passengers, while drivers of Hackney carriages Ė
or black cabs Ė are permitted to do so.

The protest has clear echoes of the ongoing dispute in London between
Britainís biggest private hire operator, Addison Lee, and Transport
for London, with a judicial review due under way to decide whether
current rules which permit licensed cabs to drive in bus lanes but
prevent minicabs for doing so are discriminatory.

Last month, TfL secured a High Court injunction to prevent Addison Lee
drivers from seeking to ignore current rules, which they had been
instructed to do in a letter sent to them by the firmís founder and
chairman, John Griffin, who had said that the company would indemnify
them in respect of any fines and other costs they incurred as a
result.

Cycle campaigners in London have campaigned against minicabs being
allowed in bus lanes in the city, which are seen as providing a refuge
of sorts for cyclists from much of the capitalís traffic.

Quoted on BBC News, Nigel Murphy Manchester City Councilís executive
member for the environment, maintained that permitting minicabs to use
bus lanes "would affect the reliability of bus services, which huge
numbers of people in Manchester depend upon to get access to work,
education or healthcare.

"Today's protest will do nothing but cause more congestion in the
city, aggravating people who are trying to go about their business."

Speaking on behalf of the Private Hire Association, solicitor James
Parry commented: "We now have something like 2,500 taxi drivers in
Manchester and 1,500 Hackney carriage drivers.

"Anybody who can't get a Hackney carriage, because they don't happen
to have one drive past their door, has to pre-book a vehicle and they
are likely to have a private hire vehicle come to their door.

"They charge more because they can't use the bus lanes so they can't
for example get to Victoria Station easily or as quickly as a Hackney
carriage would.

"That is discriminatory, it is unnecessary and it doesn't serve the
city very well in the Private Hire Association's view."

http://road.cc/content/news/58461-ma...ivers-stage-go...

--
Simon Mason


Copied to urd with permission
  #9  
Old May 17th 12, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,662
Default "Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 17/05/2012 13:01, Mr Benn wrote:
"While I can post all day on full pay"

I haven't heard Numb Nuts say that recently. Why is that?



I though he got a sever bollocking after the AGM?


No, it didn't happen, Simon had written a kill-file so that Judith would not
be allowed in


  #10  
Old May 17th 12, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,242
Default Manchester minicab drivers stage go-slow protest over bus lane 'discrimination'

On May 17, 6:02*pm, wrote:
On May 17, 2:32*pm, Simon Mason wrote:









QUOTE:


Up to 1,000 minicab drivers in Manchester were this morning due to
stage a go-slow protest drive from the Etihad Stadium to Manchester
Town Hall to deliver a petition protesting against what they allege
are discriminatory rules preventing them from stopping in bus lanes to
pick up or drop off passengers, while drivers of Hackney carriages Ė
or black cabs Ė are permitted to do so.


The protest has clear echoes of the ongoing dispute in London between
Britainís biggest private hire operator, Addison Lee, and Transport
for London, with a judicial review due under way to decide whether
current rules which permit licensed cabs to drive in bus lanes but
prevent minicabs for doing so are discriminatory.


Last month, TfL secured a High Court injunction to prevent Addison Lee
drivers from seeking to ignore current rules, which they had been
instructed to do in a letter sent to them by the firmís founder and
chairman, John Griffin, who had said that the company would indemnify
them in respect of any fines and other costs they incurred as a
result.


Cycle campaigners in London have campaigned against minicabs being
allowed in bus lanes in the city, which are seen as providing a refuge
of sorts for cyclists from much of the capitalís traffic.


Quoted on BBC News, Nigel Murphy Manchester City Councilís executive
member for the environment, maintained that permitting minicabs to use
bus lanes "would affect the reliability of bus services, which huge
numbers of people in Manchester depend upon to get access to work,
education or healthcare.


"Today's protest will do nothing but cause more congestion in the
city, aggravating people who are trying to go about their business."


Speaking on behalf of the Private Hire Association, solicitor James
Parry commented: "We now have something like 2,500 taxi drivers in
Manchester and 1,500 Hackney carriage drivers.


"Anybody who can't get a Hackney carriage, because they don't happen
to have one drive past their door, has to pre-book a vehicle and they
are likely to have a private hire vehicle come to their door.


"They charge more because they can't use the bus lanes so they can't
for example get to Victoria Station easily or as quickly as a Hackney
carriage would.


"That is discriminatory, it is unnecessary and it doesn't serve the
city very well in the Private Hire Association's view."


http://road.cc/content/news/58461-ma...ivers-stage-go...


--
Simon Mason


Copied to urd with permission


The rev gave me permission before anyone asks again.


--
Simon Mason
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All time "Greats" updated to include 2008 Tour Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 4 July 29th 08 02:19 AM
Tom Stienstra: "Gridlock in wild areas: Time for new policies" Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 129 December 19th 06 10:08 PM
Tom Stienstra: "Gridlock in wild areas: Time for new policies" Mike Vandeman Social Issues 119 December 19th 06 10:08 PM
Muni "warm-up" routine(s) and best time of day to ride. terrybigwheel Unicycling 10 May 23rd 06 04:25 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.