Should've looked where he was going!!!

Old July 12th 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian[_8_]

Default Should've looked where he was going!!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...his.5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

Old July 12th 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Ian wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...his.5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

I agree that he should have been more observant, but the defect should
not have been there.
It is possible that he would have a claim against network rail, at the
very least he should put a claim in for damages & losses incurred.

--

Tony Dragon
Old July 12th 09, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Nelson

Tony Dragon wrote:
Ian wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...his.5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

I agree that he should have been more observant, but the defect should
not have been there.
It is possible that he would have a claim against network rail, at the
very least he should put a claim in for damages & losses incurred.

--

Tony Dragon

Indeed. I use a similar crossing (but without the gaps) twice a day, though I doubt that I've ever been as close to the central white line as that picture shows.

--
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat ... But the wind is mostly in your face
Old July 12th 09, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pip Ryder

Ian wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...his.5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

His h*lmet "basically" saved him apparently!
Old July 12th 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:32:02 +0100, "Ian" wrote:

snip
I like the first comment, LMAO!
--
+-+-+-+-+
|a|n|d|y|

Old July 12th 09, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:41:06 +0100, Pip Ryder
wrote:

His h*lmet "basically" saved him apparently!

He did a faceplant and was apparently the victim of head injury. Funny
old world.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 12th 09, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn

Pip Ryder wrote in
:

Ian wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...thrown-off-his.
5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

His h*lmet "basically" saved him apparently!

You're not allowed to say that here, even with the e replaced by and
asterisk. You can still make out the offensive word.
Old July 12th 09, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Mr. Benn wrote:
Pip Ryder wrote in
:

Ian wrote:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...thrown-off-his.
5441995.jp

Luckily, not TOO badly hurt....

His h*lmet "basically" saved him apparently!

You're not allowed to say that here, even with the e replaced by and
asterisk. You can still make out the offensive word.

You can say it here and you'll even be able to say it - in full -- on
rcm. I've yet to see anything that indicates otherwise.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old July 12th 09, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:32:02 +0100, "Ian" wrote:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...his.5441995.jp

"landing on his face"

"My helmet basically saved me"

It sounds like his face protected his helmet from damage.
Old July 12th 09, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:41:06 +0100 someone who may be Pip Ryder
wrote this:-

His h*lmet "basically" saved him apparently!

So the cyclist claims. However, the fourth comment has an
alternative viewpoint, "Instances of this happening are rare, if the
reporting reflects the true position, but face-plant injuries are a
common result. These injuries can be exascerbated by a helmet as the
chin and nose can be pressed into the road surface by the front of
the helmet."

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh