So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

Old March 2nd 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bruce Jensen

Default So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

On Feb 25, 3:25*pm, y_p_w wrote:
On Feb 25, 5:53*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Per Moderate:

My
observation is that bicycles cause more erosion than foot traffic and the
number of cyclists doing trail maintenance is far less than the number of
hikers doing trail maintenance.

That's got to be a regional thing. * Soil type, cycling/hiking
populations....

Quite a few people do both. *I think it might be difficult to figure
out exactly what the proportions are. *I haven't gone mountain biking
in years, but the sense I get are that quite a few mountain biking
organizations are active in trail maintenance activities. *They might
not be doing so with mountain bikes in tow, so how does one know?

The mountain bike trails I know of in my area are mostly hard-packed
fire and maintenance roads. *Their maintenance was mostly by the local
land agency. *I remember hiking on one trail that was difficult enough
on foot, but would have been crazy on a bike. *It was signed for multi-
use including bikes. *The whole trail had been turned into a moonscape
by dairy cattle grazing in the area and stepping on the trail after
rains.

Man, ain't that the truth. The cows do orders of magnitude more
damage than bikes and feet combined.
Old March 2nd 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
[...]

Man, ain't that the truth. The cows do orders of magnitude more

damage than bikes and feet combined.

I am opposed to cattle grazing on the National Forests. God Damn ranchers
are even worse than mountain bikers I must admit. Read Edward Albee to get a
clue about this problem in our American West.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 3rd 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Cattle Grazing

On 3/2/2011 4:03 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bruce wrote in message
[...]

Man, ain't that the truth. The cows do orders of magnitude more

damage than bikes and feet combined.

I am opposed to cattle grazing on the National Forests. God Damn ranchers
are even worse than mountain bikers I must admit. Read Edward Albee to get a
clue about this problem in our American West.

And of course, the government leases public land to ranchers at *less*
than market rates, and then allows them to kill wolves and cougars [1].

[1] Felis concolor for Ed Dolan. [2]
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/7d2f832bf55ee4b2?hl=en&dmode=source.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 3rd 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/2/2011 4:03 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bruce wrote in message
[...]

Man, ain't that the truth. The cows do orders of magnitude more

damage than bikes and feet combined.

I am opposed to cattle grazing on the National Forests. God Damn ranchers
are even worse than mountain bikers I must admit. Read Edward Albee to
get a
clue about this problem in our American West.

And of course, the government leases public land to ranchers at *less*
than market rates, and then allows them to kill wolves and cougars [1].

Read Edward Albee and weep!

I am not the least bit interested in Google Groups. I say **** 'em!

Old March 3rd 11, 04:03 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/2/2011 8:11 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 3/2/2011 4:03 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bruce wrote in message
[...]

Man, ain't that the truth. The cows do orders of magnitude more
damage than bikes and feet combined.

I am opposed to cattle grazing on the National Forests. God Damn ranchers
are even worse than mountain bikers I must admit. Read Edward Albee to
get a
clue about this problem in our American West.

And of course, the government leases public land to ranchers at *less*
than market rates, and then allows them to kill wolves and cougars [1].

Read Edward Albee and weep!

[1] Felis concolor for Ed Dolan. [2]
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/7d2f832bf55ee4b2?hl=en&dmode=source.

I am not the least bit interested in Google Groups. I say **** 'em!

Even when you are the one being quoted?

Old March 3rd 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/2/2011 8:11 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I am not the least bit interested in Google Groups. I say **** 'em!

Even when you are the one being quoted?

Yes, I noticed that! Very strange since Google Groups has more or less
blacklisted me. Thank God I never have to use that website. My Windows Mail
via Knology is all I have ever used. My OS is Vista.