Cyclist v cyclist. The helicopter wins.

Old November 22nd 12, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cyclist v cyclist. The helicopter wins.

I wonder why they didn't call a bicycle ambulance or two?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...e-14112012.htm

Old November 22nd 12, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:09:51 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
I wonder why they didn't call a bicycle ambulance or two?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...e-14112012.htm

Cheerless says "Cyclist v cyclist. The helicopter wins."

Except there was no helicopter.
Old November 22nd 12, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:06:28 -0000, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

I wonder why they didn't call a bicycle ambulance or two?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...e-14112012.htm

I trust that the cost of the air-ambulance will be covered by their fridge
freezer insurance policies.

Old November 22nd 12, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:54:42 AM UTC, Judith wrote:

I trust that the cost of the air-ambulance will be covered by their fridge
freezer insurance policies.

Except there was no air-ambulance.

Old November 22nd 12, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Luke Moore wrote:
PhilO wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:54:42 AM UTC, Judith wrote:

I trust that the cost of the air-ambulance will be covered by their
fridge freezer insurance policies.

Except there was no air-ambulance.

As stated in the same link given by the OP:

"[...] the East Anglian Air Ambulance did not attend this incident in
the helicopter. Instead, the doctor and critical care paramedic team
were deployed in the charity's rapid response vehicle. Both cyclists
sustained injuries; one with a head injury which required treatment.
Both were later taken to hospital by land ambulance for further
assessment and treatment."

that appears in the comments from an unconfirmed source.

Old November 22nd 12, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:16:22 +0000, Luke Moore
wrote:

PhilO wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:54:42 AM UTC, Judith wrote:

I trust that the cost of the air-ambulance will be covered by their fridge
freezer insurance policies.

Except there was no air-ambulance.

As stated in the same link given by the OP:

snip info from broken link

The East Anglia Air Ambulance Service clearly state that they attended:

http://www.eastamb.nhs.uk/Default.as...03.Lang-EN.htm

The East of England Ambulance Service were called at 11.25 and a rapid response
vehicle, two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) attended the
scene.

As I said: I trust that the cyclists insurance had to pay for the call out
Old November 22nd 12, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:50:35 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

that appears in the comments from an unconfirmed source.

Depends on you defition of "unconfirmed"
They say "If you require any information about the incidents we attend then please do look at our website www.eaaa.org.uk where information about where we go and how we get there can be found on our 'recent missions' page"

Go to the website and you'll see that no air ambulance was deployed.
Old November 22nd 12, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

PhilO wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:54:42 AM UTC, Judith wrote:

I trust that the cost of the air-ambulance will be covered by
their fridge freezer insurance policies.

Except there was no air-ambulance.

As stated in the same link given by the OP:

snip info from broken link

The East Anglia Air Ambulance Service clearly state that they
attended:

http://www.eastamb.nhs.uk/Default.as...03.Lang-EN.htm

The East of England Ambulance Service were called at 11.25 and a
rapid response vehicle, two ambulances and the East Anglian Air
Ambulance (EAAA) attended the scene.

In which case the people of East Anglia should be grateful their
emergency services are able to respond so comprehensively.

As I said: I trust that the cyclists insurance had to pay for the
call out

Do our emergency services ask accident victims to pay for their call
outs?

yes, they do. there is a charge made to call outs involving cars.

Old November 22nd 12, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:30:48 +0000, Luke Moore
wrote:

snip

Do our emergency services ask accident victims to pay for their call
outs?

Yes

Since April 1999, the National Health Service has been able to recover the
costs incurred in treating patients, injured in road traffic accidents from
negligent drivers (or their insurer).

http://www.qbeeurope.com/documents/c...HS_Charges.pdf

Lets hope the cyclists' fridge freezer insurance is up to date.

Old November 22nd 12, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Judith wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:30:48 +0000, Luke Moore
wrote:

snip

Do our emergency services ask accident victims to pay for their call
outs?

Yes

Since April 1999, the National Health Service has been able to
recover the costs incurred in treating patients, injured in road
traffic accidents from negligent drivers (or their insurer).

http://www.qbeeurope.com/documents/c...HS_Charges.pdf

Lets hope the cyclists' fridge freezer insurance is up to date.

there has always been provision to charge for an ambulance to an rta, I had
to pay (sent the bill (15 quid?)to my insurance) in 1974. I believe the
standard charge nowadays is 50 quid. The latest is that they can charge a
heck of a lot more IF a payout can be made, 159 for an ambulance, 505 for
admission to hospital, etc. etc. I think there is a cap of about 45k.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...harges-part-2/