Helmets explained in terms cyclists understand...

Old December 15th 12, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Helmets explained in terms cyclists understand...

Janet is cross with John
Can you see how cross Janet is?

John has been a naughty boy
Janet is cross with John

John has been riding on pavements
John has been jumping red lights

John has been swearing at pedestrians
John has become a psycholist

Janet is going to punish John
See Janet pick up the hammer

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John is wearing a cycle helmet

“That didn’t hurt” says John
See John take the helmet off to look at it.

See Janet pick up the hammer again

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John isn’t wearing the cycle helmet now

See the blood spurting from John’s head
Can you see the blood?

Janet calls 999
Can you see Janet on the phone?

The ambulance takes John to A&E
Can you see the blue lights flashing?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old December 15th 12, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message

Janet is cross with John
Can you see how cross Janet is?

John has been a naughty boy
Janet is cross with John

John has been riding on pavements
John has been jumping red lights

John has been swearing at pedestrians
John has become a psycholist

Janet is going to punish John
See Janet pick up the hammer

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John is wearing a cycle helmet

“That didn’t hurt” says John
See John take the helmet off to look at it.

See Janet pick up the hammer again

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John isn’t wearing the cycle helmet now

See the blood spurting from John’s head
Can you see the blood?

Janet calls 999
Can you see Janet on the phone?

The ambulance takes John to A&E
Can you see the blue lights flashing?

Even our little psycholist friend in Rotterdam will be able to easily
understand that.

Thanks Dave.

Old December 15th 12, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On Dec 15, 12:11*pm, "John Benn" wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" *wrote in ...

[...]

I always wear a helmet and carry a sharp screwdriver. Both are
excellent for helping in any situation with irate motorists.
Old December 15th 12, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

Justin wrote:
[...]

Boy you are 'ard, luckily as a precaution I wear steel toecap boots when
I'm in the truck, wouldn't want to run up against someone as tasty as you
if I was unarmed.
--
ennemm
Old December 15th 12, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On Dec 15, 1:18*pm, nik.morgan wrote:
Justin wrote:
[...]

That's a pity. I would welcome the chance of a full, frank and open
exchange of ideas with you.

Old December 15th 12, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Justin wrote:
[...]

But you wouldn't turn up, would you?

Old December 15th 12, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Justin wrote:
[...]

Says the voice of an experienced no-show.

Old December 15th 12, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 15, 11:01*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
Janet is cross with John
Can you see how cross Janet is?

John has been a naughty boy
Janet is cross with John

John has been riding on pavements
John has been jumping red lights

John has been swearing at pedestrians
John has become a psycholist

Janet is going to punish John
See Janet pick up the hammer

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John is wearing a cycle helmet

“That didn’t hurt” says John
See John take the helmet off to look at it.

See Janet pick up the hammer again

Janet hits John on the head with the hammer
John isn’t wearing the cycle helmet now

See the blood spurting from John’s head
Can you see the blood?

Janet calls 999
Can you see Janet on the phone?

The ambulance takes John to A&E
Can you see the blue lights flashing?

Can you see Grandpa Dave flashing?
Can you see the police car flashing?
Can you see Grandpa Dave trying to run?
Can you see the policeman's truncheon smashing?
Can you see Grandpa Dave wishing that he had worn his safety helmet?
Can you see Grandpa Dave wishing that he had kept it zipped up?
Can you see Grandpa Dave being treated by the police medic?
Old December 15th 12, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On 15 Dec, 12:03, Justin wrote:
[...]

excellent for helping in any situation with irate motorists.- Hide quoted text -

Ah, but motorists have 'car weapons' at their disposal!