Update on my MIELE Uno Project

Old August 23rd 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sir Ridesalot

Default Update on my MIELE Uno Project

Hi there.

Well, my 1985 MIELE Uno is beginning to look like a bicycle again.
There is something very satisfying and rewarding about refinishing an
old and trusted steed.

I went to the LBS today and got a 28.6 mm Problem Solvers adaptor
clamp for the braze-on SORA front derailleur. The front derailleur is
now mounted on the frame as is the SORA rear derailleur. I was also
able to get a rear Shimano brake bolt for my Shimano N-600 so I did
not have to thread the existing one after all. I took Andrew Muzi's
advice and mounted the rear N-600 brake on the front and put the new
bolt on the front caliper turning it into a rear caliper.

I also have the wheels and brake calipers mounted on the frame. I went
to put on the newly cleaned chain only to discover that I had cleaned
the wrong chain! Drat! ;( I'll clean and install the proper chain
tomorrow. That chain matches the 7-speed freewheel as they were used
together on this frame before the frame was refinished.

I hope to have the bicycle completely reassembled tomorrow and
hopefully the rain will let up enough for me to take it out for a
decent test ride without getting the bicycle filthy.

BTW, does anyone know of a 36 hole rim of comparable quality that
would be a good match for a Mavic MA-2 rim in regards to colour? The
MA-2 rim I have on a N-600 7-Speed rear hub looks almost like chrome
the aluminium is polished to such a bright finish.

Thanks and cheers from Peter

Repaint my 1985ish MIELE Uno Sir Ridesalot General 0 August 21st 09 01:02 AM
Queries re SORA parts 4 my old MIELE UNO landotter Techniques 0 August 16th 09 02:23 PM
My Miele MTB now a 700C Tourer [email protected] Techniques 0 May 1st 09 12:14 AM
Old Raleigh frame project and 105 drivetrain - update and advice emma UK 4 May 24th 05 11:00 PM
New project - Update roland Unicycling 7 April 28th 04 01:33 PM