What happens in Bovina makes the news

Old July 22nd 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_2_]

Default What happens in Bovina makes the news

Attn Johnny Sunset. Do you know anything about this recumbent rider who
managed to scare the **** out of a large and rather dumb animal who was
forced to haul around people who wear sabots and don't ride in cars like
normal folks?

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbc.../70721035/1979

Old July 22nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

gotbent wrote:
Attn Johnny Sunset. Do you know anything about this recumbent rider who
managed to scare the **** out of a large and rather dumb animal who was
forced to haul around people who wear sabots and don't ride in cars like
normal folks?

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbc.../70721035/1979

That is a little bit far north of where I live. It wouldn't surprise me
that the horse was spooked, since they are the most flighty of domestic
animals.

However, on the "Tour de Manure" in Arthur, IL, I did see a rider in
traditional Amish dress riding a teal ATP Vision R-40 USS pulling a
trailer, so they do have a superior alternative to horses.

Old July 22nd 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_2_]

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
gotbent wrote:
Attn Johnny Sunset. Do you know anything about this recumbent rider who
managed to scare the **** out of a large and rather dumb animal who was
forced to haul around people who wear sabots and don't ride in cars like
normal folks?

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbc.../70721035/1979

That is a little bit far north of where I live. It wouldn't surprise me
that the horse was spooked, since they are the most flighty of domestic
animals.

It might just be a semantic thing, but I'd consider horses to be
domesticated, but hardly domestic, in the sense that a cat or dog is a
domestic animal.

However, on the "Tour de Manure" in Arthur, IL, I did see a rider in
traditional Amish dress riding a teal ATP Vision R-40 USS pulling a
trailer, so they do have a superior alternative to horses.

Speaking of tours (nice segue, eh?) are we going to see you at the HSR in
Stevens Point? I'll be there with my Trice QNT, my son with his Pocket and
if my buddy's AT heals sufficiently, on his ICE XL.

gotbent in '99 and still bent.