Fat and Lazy Americans: Is it Diet or Lack of Exercise?

Old August 13th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Fat and Lazy Americans: Is it Diet or Lack of Exercise?

And you thought it was the bike that made you smart...

It's the Diet, stupid!

According to this study the reason for Americans being fat, lazy and
stupid is diet. So pack a banana and peanuts on your next outing, and
hit the road!

High-Fat Diet May Make You Stupid and Lazy

A new study on rats finds that 10 days of eating a high-fat diet
caused short-term memory loss and made exercise difficult. While the
finding may not seem a big surprise, the researcher say it might
suggest that high-fat diets make humans lazy and stupid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...ustupidandlazy

First Decree of the Revolution: Cyclists shall TAKE THE LANE as law-
abiding vehicles, with colorful clothing, and all other vehicles shall
leave the lane 30' before and after the bicycle.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old August 13th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

ComandanteBanana wrote:
According to this study the reason for Americans being fat,
lazy and stupid is diet. So pack a banana and peanuts on
your next outing, and hit the road!

=v= Why would anyone hoping to avoid stupidity follow your
eating recommendations?
_Jym_

Old August 13th 09, 11:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default you are a bike potato

On Aug 13, 6:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

And you thought it was the bike that made you smart...

It's the Diet, stupid!

According to this study the reason for Americans being fat, lazy and
stupid is diet. So pack a banana and peanuts on your next outing, and
hit the road!

I gag on bananas and peanuts are for elephants. When I bicycle on the road.
I only want lots of sugar, fat and salt.

Then you are a bike potato.

That's a rare disease indeed.

High-Fat Diet May Make You Stupid and Lazy

A new study on rats finds that 10 days of eating a high-fat diet
caused short-term memory loss and made exercise difficult. While the
finding may not seem a big surprise, the researcher say it might
suggest that high-fat diets make humans lazy and stupid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...ence/highfatdi...

Some of the smartest folks I know are fat. They are also fairly energetic..
How do you explain that?

Only because they got money doesn't make them any smarter, does it?

Old August 15th 09, 01:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Sir Ridesalot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
First Decree of the Revolution: Cyclists shall TAKE THE LANE as law-
abiding vehicles, with colorful clothing, and all other vehicles shall
leave the lane 30' before and after the bicycle.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Hi there.

The high fat diet fed to those rats in that test was over 700% higher
in fat than the low fat diet fed to the other rats. You need to ask
yourself what is the *NORMAL* fat content diet for these rats.

There was another recent study written about in TIME magazine (http://
http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...914857,00.html) that showed
that those who exercise and diet actually tend to *GAIN* weight. Of
the three groups in that study only those who *DID NOT* exercise lost
weight.

Cheers from Peter
Old August 15th 09, 09:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Originally Posted by cudak888
"Warning labels explaining things that would otherwise be considered
common sense serve only to give the general public a scapegoat to
become completely dependent on said warnings for their information,
deteriorating American's already corroded ability to think
intelligently and rationally for themselves."

***

And so are you for REMOVING LABELS FROM CIGARETTES AND SELLING THEM TO
KIDS?

That's what they are doing getting kids addicted to junk food.

Old August 17th 09, 09:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default stupidity is highly contagious and mostly spread around via TV

Originally Posted by twiant
"heres my question, how come they have to be Americans to be fat and
lazy. Have you ever seen another country with fat people? Look at
Italy or like Germany."

I think the disease started here and spread over there. It's like the
swine flu started in Mexico and now it's all over.

Remember, stupidity is highly contagious and mostly spread around via
TV.

The roads are a lot like the jungle: lots of predators and death can
come suddenly. But it's also fun. Just keep your eyes open when you
ride.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Old August 18th 09, 02:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
Originally Posted by twiant
"heres my question, how come they have to be Americans to be fat and
lazy. Have you ever seen another country with fat people? Look at
Italy or like Germany."

I think the disease started here and spread over there. It's like the
swine flu started in Mexico and now it's all over.

Remember, stupidity is highly contagious and mostly spread around via
TV.

CB is spreading stupidity around on Usenet via the cycling newsgroups.
Unfortunately for him, these groups are already stupid enough without his
contributions.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 18th 09, 03:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default be a hero

On Aug 17, 9:37*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

Originally Posted by twiant
"heres my question, how come they have to be Americans to be fat and
lazy. Have you ever seen another country with fat people? Look at
Italy or like Germany."

I think the disease started here and spread over there. It's like the
swine flu started in Mexico and now it's all over.

Remember, stupidity is highly contagious and mostly spread around via
TV.

CB is spreading stupidity around on Usenet via the cycling newsgroups.
Unfortunately for him, these groups are already stupid enough without his
contributions.

You already show incoherence in your babble. You should have said
"fortunately" instead of unfortunately.

Anyway, what we need is someone who's already tired of life (you sound
like you do) to step out and do "what a man gotta do" for the
revolution. You'll be a hero and we will forget your stupidity...

In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

Old August 18th 09, 10:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default ComandanteBanana is an infecting, sick-minded, phlegmyhippopotamus!

On Aug 18, 12:01*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

On Aug 17, 9:37 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

Originally Posted by twiant
"heres my question, how come they have to be Americans to be fat and
lazy. Have you ever seen another country with fat people? Look at
Italy or like Germany."

I think the disease started here and spread over there. It's like the
swine flu started in Mexico and now it's all over.

Remember, stupidity is highly contagious and mostly spread around via
TV.

CB is spreading stupidity around on Usenet via the cycling newsgroups.
Unfortunately for him, these groups are already stupid enough without his
contributions.
You already show incoherence in your babble. You should have said

"fortunately" instead of unfortunately.

No, you freaking moron! It is unfortunate for you since, despite your best
efforts, you are unable to dumb down these newsgroups even more. They are
already dumb enough without you.

Anyway, what we need is someone who's already tired of life (you sound

like you do) to step out and do "what a man gotta do" for the
revolution. You'll be a hero and we will forget your stupidity...

I am waiting for an enraged motorist to run you down and kill you dead while
you are taking the lane on your bicycle - like the dummkopf that you are. If
and when that happens it will be good riddance to bad rubbish.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

Why don't you tell us about yourself, ARE YOU FAT OR LAZY?

We already know you are stupid.

Old August 20th 09, 01:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
On Aug 18, 12:01 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
I am waiting for an enraged motorist to run you down and kill you dead
while
you are taking the lane on your bicycle - like the dummkopf that you are.
If
and when that happens it will be good riddance to bad rubbish.

Why don't you tell us about yourself, ARE YOU FAT OR LAZY?

We already know you are stupid.

You are at least too stupid and lazy to properly edit a post. As for being
fat, I have never met an American over the age of 30 who was not at least 20
lbs. overweight.

I have at least 12,000 posts to various Usenet newsgroups which Google has
had the good sense to preserve for all eternity. After you have read all of
those 12,000 posts you will be prepared to talk to me. Now get busy and
become educated. Why remain a dunce all of your miserable life - you
confounded wretch!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

not tactics just lazy Bounty Bob Racing 18 July 22nd 06 05:36 PM
Lazy Friday Gags Australia 2 March 5th 06 03:56 AM
LeMond is lazy Callistus Valerius Racing 49 December 20th 05 01:49 AM
Questions about cycling diet and exercise Stephen Montgomery General 18 December 7th 05 08:55 PM
Do you ever get lazy? B.B. Techniques 34 January 5th 05 08:47 PM