Cadel may have been right

Old September 21st 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default Cadel may have been right

without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.
Old September 21st 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.
Old September 21st 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dbrower

On Sep 21, 8:25*am, Susan Walker wrote:
Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

You can't say-- it would have changed other tactics as well, perhaps
making Valverde look to attack rather than ride defensively. Not
that anyting will stop Evan's crying about it.

-dB

Old September 21st 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Sep 21, 9:25*am, Susan Walker wrote:
Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

I don't know, you tell us... how much time did he lose on that wheel
change, and while you're at it, calculate in how much energy was spent
trying to minimize further time losses. Oh, and calculate for us how
much it cost him in lost morale.
Old September 21st 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

I don't know, you tell us... how much time did he lose on that wheel
change, and while you're at it, calculate in how much energy was spent
trying to minimize further time losses. *Oh, and calculate for us how
much it cost him in lost morale.

and don't forget to adjust for the adrenaline factor -- both for cadel
AND for valverde et al. at hearing that Evans was having trouble
Old September 21st 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Sep 21, 8:17*am, Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

Dumbass -

I'll bet you would've won a few dozen more races in your 'career' if
only you're brake hadn't been rubbing.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old September 21st 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

I don't know, you tell us... how much time did he lose on that wheel
change, and while you're at it, calculate in how much energy was spent
trying to minimize further time losses. Oh, and calculate for us how
much it cost him in lost morale.

The morale thing is HUGE. I know, because I've tried to ride with a big
barrel of whine strapped to my back. That's nothing compared to the
whine cellar Cadel was trying to tow.
Old September 21st 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Sep 21, 1:07*pm, KG wrote:
On Sep 21, 8:17*am, Scott wrote:

without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

Dumbass -

I'll bet you would've won a few dozen more races in your 'career' if
only you're brake hadn't been rubbing.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Of all the people who I expected would bite at my troll, you weren't
one of them. Just goes to show you that you never know what fish
you're likely to catch if you throw out some really funky stink bait.
Old September 21st 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.

How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

I don't know, you tell us...

Dude. It's not difficult to look up. To be generous, let's say he would
have been able to match Valverde AND beat him in the sprint up Sierra
Nevada. That means he would have gained

2:24 - 1:16 = 1:08 (time difference Valverde-Evans on stage 13)
0:08 (bonus seconds for Evans)
0:08 (no bonus seconds for Valverde)
0:10 (no time penalty for taking water in the last 20km)

Total 1:34 min. In Madrid, he was 1:32 min behind. That means Valverde
would have caught back up to Cobo on stage 19 and won the Vuelta by 2
seconds (if Evans was still right behind him) or more (if Evans was
further back). So there.
Old September 21st 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Scott wrote:
without that slow wheel change, he may have the Vuelta.
How much time did he lose on that stage? How much time is he behind on
the final GC? I thought so.

I don't know, you tell us...

Dude. It's not difficult to look up. To be generous, let's say he would
have been able to match Valverde AND beat him in the sprint up Sierra
Nevada. That means he would have gained

2:24 - 1:16 = 1:08 (time difference Valverde-Evans on stage 13)
0:08 (bonus seconds for Evans)
0:08 (no bonus seconds for Valverde)
0:10 (no time penalty for taking water in the last 20km)

Total 1:34 min. In Madrid, he was 1:32 min behind. That means Valverde
would have caught back up to Cobo on stage 19 and won the Vuelta by 2
seconds (if Evans was still right behind him) or more (if Evans was
further back). So there.

Did you miss my most recent post troll??? I don't give a rat's
ass whether Evans won or lost the Vuelta.

Cadel Scott Racing 22 September 16th 09 09:25 PM
For Cadel Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 July 21st 08 09:49 AM
Go, Go, Go Cadel!!!!! Patrick Turner Australia 6 July 29th 07 06:49 AM
Go Cadel! Steve Australia 32 May 3rd 06 04:24 AM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 1 July 22nd 05 02:38 AM