Where are the women on bikes in Melb?

Old April 30th 04, 06:21 AM
amirm

Default Where are the women on bikes in Melb?

wrote:
Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a little upsetting
but later I saw him unclip and clip in again. Didn't know you could get
plugger-cleats. Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
(home) made?

On my commute, sometimes a guy riding with bare feet passes me. I lik
that, because watching him for a while is quite entertaining. Not jus
the bare feet, but the ride seems to be a duallie with worn pivo
bushes. The rear wheel wiggles to left and right frantically as the gu
pushes on bare feet like there's no tomorrow. I don't have anythin
against it, it's just different

-

Old April 30th 04, 07:01 AM
cfsmtb

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a little upsetting
but later I saw him unclip and clip in again. Didn't know you could get
plugger-cleats. Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
(home) made?

Do you mean these: (scroll down to lower right) http://www.shimano.com
.au/publish/content/australia/en/cycling/products/shoes_and_pedals/moun
tain_shoes.html

http://tinyurl.com/2k4hq

or were they a DIY sandal

I realise this is not terribly lady-like to mention, but this is th
time of year when one stops, *ahem*, de-fuzzing one legs. Prefer to sta
warm + legs/sleeves/thermals. Be fashionable? Left that behind long ago

-

Old April 30th 04, 08:10 AM
rickster

Tamyka Bell wrote in message ...
[snip]

Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a little upsetting
but later I saw him unclip and clip in again. Didn't know you could get
plugger-cleats. Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
(home) made?

They are made by Cannondale and are available in Australia, but not everywhere.

Rick
Old April 30th 04, 09:01 AM
rickster

Tamyka Bell wrote in message ...
[snip]

Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a little upsetting
but later I saw him unclip and clip in again. Didn't know you could get
plugger-cleats. Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
(home) made?

They are made by Cannodale and are available in Australia, but not everywhere.

Rick
Old May 1st 04, 02:11 PM
blah

"DRS" wrote in message ...
I've passed the odd roadie whilst on my hybrid... they Do Not Like It.

I also feel really cool and fit when I pass people. Then I think
"maybe they're riding three or four times as far as I am, and are
pacing themselves". This thought always puts the brakes on my superman
complex (if you are superman (Brad Magee, perhaps?), I apologise).
I just figure nobody likes to be passed. How does the age-old maxim
go? "If you are behind me, I will try to stay away; if you are before
me, I will try to catch you..." It's obvious you are the same, as are
they. Get over it. You will be passed; you will pass. I have been a
"roadie" since September, and I was passed and dropped by a guy on a
MTB last week on Whitehorse Road. Didn't Like It, as it showed how
unfit I was after the six week lay off due to a bulged disk in my
back, but it didn't make me disobey traffic signals either. Older guy,
too... pedalled like a machine... That MTB must have been his Clarke
Kent equivalent... or maybe I'm a fat ******* on a skinny bike. Oh
well.
Old May 1st 04, 03:52 PM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

amirm writes:

[...]

On my commute, sometimes a guy riding with bare feet passes me. I like
that, because watching him for a while is quite entertaining. Not just
the bare feet,

What!? He doesn't have cleats surgically inplanted into the souls of his
feet?

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Alpenrose Challenge Mike Murray Racing 0 June 13th 04 04:28 AM
Trek & Gary Fisher bikes = USA made [email protected] General 10 March 16th 04 10:55 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM
Melb police on bikes! Earhole Gringo [not his real name] Australia 14 August 21st 03 07:22 AM