Presta chuck for shop's compressor?

Old March 17th 05, 12:51 AM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Default Presta chuck for shop's compressor?

Dropped into my LBS (Supergo) to pick up a Presta chuck to use with my
shop air compressor. Manager told me that she couldn't get Presta chucks
herself, the company that made them is out of business, and if they
needed one in the shop they had to fabricate it. Can this be?

(Even better would be a two-way Schrader/Presta chuck.)

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old March 17th 05, 12:56 AM
Marc

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
Dropped into my LBS (Supergo) to pick up a Presta chuck to use with

my
shop air compressor. Manager told me that she couldn't get Presta

chucks
herself, the company that made them is out of business, and if they
needed one in the shop they had to fabricate it. Can this be?

(Even better would be a two-way Schrader/Presta chuck.)

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

Doesnt sound right to me. If you can get one at the end of a Wrench
Force pump... you should be able to buy one somewhere.

Old March 17th 05, 12:58 AM
Dave Thompson

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
Dropped into my LBS (Supergo) to pick up a Presta chuck to use with my
shop air compressor. Manager told me that she couldn't get Presta
chucks herself, the company that made them is out of business, and if
they needed one in the shop they had to fabricate it. Can this be?

(Even better would be a two-way Schrader/Presta chuck.)

She is mis-informed most likely. LickBike sells them he
http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='3478-00'

Old March 17th 05, 01:42 AM
JeffWills

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
Dropped into my LBS (Supergo) to pick up a Presta chuck to use with

my
shop air compressor. Manager told me that she couldn't get Presta

chucks
herself, the company that made them is out of business, and if they
needed one in the shop they had to fabricate it. Can this be?

(Even better would be a two-way Schrader/Presta chuck.)

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

She is sadly misinformed:
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...&item_id=UB-PB
I can't help you with an inflator that goes both ways, but I recall
that Sheldon mentioned one a couple weeks back.

(Several minutes pass while I backtrack.)

Here you go:
http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=PU9997

BTW: It's "Westfalia", not "Westphalia".

Jeff the pedantic VW and bicycle nut

Old March 17th 05, 02:13 AM
Tom Sherman

Werehatrack wrote:

On 16 Mar 2005 17:42:35 -0800, "JeffWills" may
have said:

BTW: It's "Westfalia", not "Westphalia".

Jeff the pedantic VW and bicycle nut

You're a pedantic German automobile?

No, Jeff is a pedantic German threaded fastener.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 17th 05, 02:17 AM
Tom Sherman

JeffWills wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

BTW: It's "Westfalia", not "Westphalia".

"Westphalia" is the perverted spelling.

[Your cue, Mr. S o r n s o n]

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)

Old March 17th 05, 02:41 AM
JeffWills

have said:

BTW: It's "Westfalia", not "Westphalia".

Jeff the pedantic VW and bicycle nut

You're a pedantic German automobile?

At your service!

Jeff- a nut behind the wheel or handlebars

OTOH- I've never seen a pedantic VW. I have seen a Hebm=FCller though:
http://www.thehebregistry.com/

Old March 17th 05, 02:42 AM
John Thompson

On 2005-03-17, Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott m wrote:

Dropped into my LBS (Supergo) to pick up a Presta chuck to use with my
shop air compressor. Manager told me that she couldn't get Presta chucks
herself, the company that made them is out of business, and if they
needed one in the shop they had to fabricate it. Can this be?

(Even better would be a two-way Schrader/Presta chuck.)

Manager didn't look very hard. Six bucks gets you one from
biketoolsetc.com:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...tem_id=SI-24.4

Go down to the hardware store and get a small hose clamp and a regular
Schroeder inflator with gauge, the kind with a rubber hose for the
Schroeder fitting. Cut off the Schroeder adaptor and insert the Presta
chuck, using the hose clamp to hold it in place. Works like a champ:

http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/silca.jpg

--

John )
Old March 17th 05, 03:07 AM
S o r n i

Tom Sherman wrote:
JeffWills wrote:

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR

BTW: It's "Westfalia", not "Westphalia".

"Westphalia" is the perverted spelling.

[Your cue, Mr. S o r n s o n]

Don't see how I can improve on your effort, Mr. S h e r m a n (banana and
squirrel references notwithstanding).

By the way, I bought a bottle of "Tubless (sic) Slime" last week for a
desert mtb ride, and included was something conspicuously similar to the
pics of the Presta/Schraeder Chuck linked elsewhere in this thread.

It's somewhere in the garage Box o' Doom now.

Bill S.