900 uni-spin competition

Old February 28th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Default 900 uni-spin competition

I think a freestyle uni should be allowed. If they weren't allowed in
this "competition" would that stop you from trying to learn them? You
would still be the first to do it.
According to maxxis.com, a creepy crawler weighs 670grams, from
koxx-one.com a tryall weighs 1050 grams and 2.1 primo wall tire weighs
about 850 grams according to danscomp. So depending on the freestyle
setup, the weight difference may not even be an advantage.
(Also the cotterless hub/cranks are lighter than splined but they are
in the center of the wheel so it won't make as much of a difference as
the tire when spinning it.)

--
Spencer Hochberg

'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
http://www.unicycle.tv/channel/Spenc...pencerHochberg
Spencer.Hochberg at gmail dot com
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
According to maxxis.com, a creepy crawler weighs 670grams

Thats the front 20"x2.0" CC, the rear 19"x2.5" that we ride is listed
at 975g.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Brian O. wrote:
Thats the front 20"x2.0" CC, the read 19x2.5" that we ride is listed at
975g.

Ah ok, that makes sense. That's why I went and found the tryall weight
too because it didn't look right.
But it still isn't too much of a difference considering a lot of people
are shaving trials tires now.

Old February 28th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
Ah ok, that makes sense. That's why I went and found the tryall weight
too because it didn't look right.
But it still isn't too much of a difference considering a lot of people
are shaving trials tires now.

Whatever you've got to tell yourself to be able to sleep tonight.

Old February 28th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sutton629

I think if you have at least a 20" wheel and do a 900 u spin I am going
to be impressed. Go for any uni over 20". Gl to those that are in this
I am prepared to be amazed.

--
sutton629

'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/sutton629)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

ok, has anyone done a 900 unispin?
no
who really cares what its done on, of course a 16" doesn't count... but
it would be good practice... considering i've done a 720 spin on one
and i have never landed a 540.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

skrobo wrote:
ok, has anyone done a 900 unispin?
no
who really cares what its done on, of course a 16" doesn't count... but
it would be good practice... considering i've done a 720 spin on one
and i have never landed a 540.

Wow, now i want to get a 16 inch! A whole 360 increase? I could be
bustin 1080s with that thing!

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

peleschramm wrote:
Wow, now i want to get a 16 inch! A whole 360 increase? I could be
bustin 1080s with that thing!

lol
it was a fluke. i tried it again and the unicycle(which was at a bike
shop, brand new) went skidding across the store... much to my dismay...
that was my last attempt.

9/10 of my problem is being weary of metal pedals and long cranks...
16"ers don't normally have either of those...

Old February 28th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uni Tricks

has a 900 unispin been done be4?

--
Uni Tricks

Don't play with knives, seriously.
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 28th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Uni Tricks wrote:
has a 900 unispin been done be4?

no.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.
http://www.usenet.com

Kris Holm Invitational Unicycle Competition - Unicycle competition in Burnaby BC. JamesH Unicycling 2 June 22nd 07 10:48 PM
720 Spin? trials_uni Unicycling 28 April 7th 06 01:27 AM
uni spin nickvb123 Unicycling 32 June 13th 04 06:30 PM
spin on it?! ChangingLINKS.com Unicycling 2 May 3rd 04 08:12 PM
Just hit a 360 uni spin! Rockey Unicycling 3 March 1st 04 09:04 PM