Any Coloradans out there?

Old May 26th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Default Any Coloradans out there?

Well, ConiferMuni, her friend Evan and myself hit up the Buffalo Creek
area for some great single track. What a fun area to MUni around,
amazing trail surface, and some great downhills.

ConiferMuni sent me this picture, I hope you don't mind me posting
it.

[image:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...uffCreek3.jpg]

Who's up for a ride next weekend??

--
Bondo

As Seen on TV
Old May 28th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ConiferMuni

Yes, Bondo, that was a fun ride. That final 3 miles of careening
downhill has made my legs pretty darn sore!

I would definitely like to ride again this weekend. Bear Creek Trail?
Buffalo Creek? Who knows?

Poof - I am also interested in the Winter Park idea, so keep us posted
on that.

--
ConiferMuni
Old May 28th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ConiferMuni

Also, SurfColorado, look up "jorge" on the members list. He's from Ft.
Collins and I'm sure he'd ride with you.

--
ConiferMuni
Old May 28th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klucker1020

Boulder Over Here....dang rain has kept me in the past few days...

--
Klucker1020

AH, THE SWEET SMELL OF MUNI IN THE MORNING...
Old May 29th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ConiferMuni

We haven't pinned down exact details yet, but 2 or 3 of us from Conifer
want to ride in the Buffalo Creek Recreation Area on Sunday (June 1),
late morning. We'd start on road #550 (off of 126), start on the
Colorado Trail and go from there.

Let me know if you want to join us.

Saturday might work too, but I can't do two big rides back to back, so
one of them would have to be an easier ride...

--
ConiferMuni
Old May 29th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm from Denver, and I was wondering if there are any trial riders
around the Denver area? I am really close to cherry creek high school
and there is a park with a "course" perfect for trial riding!! A
rushing waterfall and everything!
Cam

Old May 29th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

me

(the land of eternal winter is nowhere near denver, but the valley I
live in literally sucks in cold air)

--
nimblelight

Currently working on:
Coasting, sideways ww, 1ft ww switch, transition out of seat drag, and
hand ww feet on frame when I can get a spotter.
Recently landed(last 2 weeks):
Coast 2 revs to pedals, 180 unispin, gapped a 5 set, and hopping
standing on the wheel with transitions.
Old May 30th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Bump for the weekend.

Any plans firmed up for a Sunday ride?
(Email sent Ms ConiferMuni.)

Going to be a beautiful weekend here!

--
Bondo

As Seen on TV
Old June 2nd 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beech233

surfcolorado wrote:
I'm from Fort Collins, I don't know any unicyclist up here, but I've
seen one, last summer, on the trails I mountain bike.
I would be up for a ride, but I would probably be the slow one of the
group, but my skills are coming along.

I'm in Fort Collins as well. I uni every now, mostly to get around
town. I'm considering buying a used Nimbus 36er and if that's the case
I'd love to get together and wheel around town with some people.

The Nimbus is for sale for $450. It has an airfoil rim, touring handle,
and KH Fusion Freeride saddle and has about 100 miles on it. Is this a
good price?

--
beech233
Old June 2nd 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

beech233 wrote:
I'm in Fort Collins as well. I uni every now, mostly to get around town.
I'm considering buying a used Nimbus 36er and if that's the case I'd
love to get together and wheel around town with some people.

The Nimbus is for sale for $450. It has an airfoil rim, touring handle,
and KH Fusion Freeride saddle and has about 100 miles on it. Is this a
good price?

good parts, but unless it's like new I would go for a little less

--
nimblelight

Currently working on:
Coasting, transition out of seat drag, 360 unispin, random stuff
Recently landed(last 2 weeks):
Suicide mount, Double wrap mount, Coast 12 revs, 2 to pedals, 5 with 1
ft on frame, gapped a 5 set