The latest nonsense from Vegas

Old April 5th 04, 04:31 AM
frkrygow

Default The latest nonsense from Vegas

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../23561841.html

--
-------------+
Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and "cc"]

Old April 5th 04, 11:20 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:31:23 -0400, "frkrygow"
wrote:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../23561841.html

Yeah. Utter nonsense like:

"Drivers need to be aware they are out on the streets operating these
2-ton vehicles and in this day and age with so many distractions that
we face in our lives, the most important thing to focus on in your
driving is your driving," Cordeiro said.

Vazquez tells drivers: "Pay attention. Stay off the cell phone. Pull
over to the side. Quit eating when you drive. Quit putting your makeup
on. There's so many things people do."

Old April 6th 04, 12:11 AM
Pete

"Zippy the Pinhead" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:31:23 -0400, "frkrygow"
wrote:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...ews/23561841.h

tml

Yeah. Utter nonsense like:

"Drivers need to be aware they are out on the streets operating these
2-ton vehicles and in this day and age with so many distractions that
we face in our lives, the most important thing to focus on in your
driving is your driving," Cordeiro said.

Vazquez tells drivers: "Pay attention. Stay off the cell phone. Pull
over to the side. Quit eating when you drive. Quit putting your makeup
on. There's so many things people do."

There *was* a lot of crap in there.

"Vazquez now tells her kids to ride their bikes on the sidewalk, whether
it's legal or not. "Because it's too dangerous in the streets. I've seen how
people drive here in Las Vegas," she said."

The concept that "Every person riding a bicycle upon a roadway has all of
the rights and is subject to all the duties applicable to the driver of a
vehicle," is fundamentally wrong.

Pete

Old April 6th 04, 01:35 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:11:37 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

There *was* a lot of crap in there.

I was just jerking Frank K's chain.
Old April 18th 04, 03:46 AM
Trudi Marrapodi

wrote:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...ews/23561841.h

tml

Yeah. Utter nonsense like:

"Drivers need to be aware they are out on the streets operating these
2-ton vehicles and in this day and age with so many distractions that
we face in our lives, the most important thing to focus on in your
driving is your driving," Cordeiro said.

Vazquez tells drivers: "Pay attention. Stay off the cell phone. Pull
over to the side. Quit eating when you drive. Quit putting your makeup
on. There's so many things people do."

There *was* a lot of crap in there.

"Vazquez now tells her kids to ride their bikes on the sidewalk, whether
it's legal or not. "Because it's too dangerous in the streets. I've seen how
people drive here in Las Vegas," she said."

Well...while I disagree with her decision (I think her kids run just as
much of a risk of getting killed by having someone's minivan back onto
them while exiting a driveway as they do on the streets), I can't blame
her for being upset by the habits of the modern multitasking driver who
has convinced himself that he can talk, eat, fax, comb hair, read the
newspaper and discipline the kids while driving.

The concept that "Every person riding a bicycle upon a roadway has all of
the rights and is subject to all the duties applicable to the driver of a
vehicle," is fundamentally wrong.

Why?
--
Trudi

"He's lean, he's elegant, he's quick, he's ethereal
He makes grown men cry in their cereal."
--Rex Thomas's couplet about Johnny Weir
Old April 18th 04, 04:43 PM
jeffbonny

So Mark Hickey says:

I've had fantasies about buying a huge billboard on a busy road that
says "If your mommy talks on the cellphone while driving you to
school, she doesn't love you very much".

Think that would stir the pot a bit?

Yep, the good kind of stirring though.

jeffb
Old April 18th 04, 05:59 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:07:32 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

I've had fantasies about buying a huge billboard on a busy road that
says "If your mommy talks on the cellphone while driving you to
school, she doesn't love you very much".

Think that would stir the pot a bit?

I would make a donation to that cause...
Old April 18th 04, 06:52 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message

I've had fantasies about buying a huge billboard on a busy road that
says "If your mommy talks on the cellphone while driving you to
school, she doesn't love you very much".

How about, "if your mommy drives you to school, she doesn't love you very
much."